Sunday, February 15, 2015

My littlest Valenstines

Every morning from February 1st until February 14th my littles woke up with a love note taped to their door from their ever-adoring mother. They were just construction paper hearts with my words penned in dark purple sharpie, but you would have thought they were written in gold by their reaction each day. From bed I would hear oohs and ahs as Talmage would read his own heart (always pink), and then read Ever's (red) and Quinny's (purple) to them. Multiple times during the day the hearts would be brought up again, like when Everett said, "Mom, you wuv it how I cowor don't you." or when T said, "You said on my heart that you like to play the rhyming game with me, so let's play it again right now!" It was so small, but meant so much to them...a lesson on life I think. The joy and love that's been felt in our home lately is amazing, and I think those little paper hearts had at least something to do with it. I love these little babes something fierce and I'm grateful that they were my little Valenstines (and yes, they still call it that and heavens no will I correct them!)


{These pictures of the kids were taken the day before Valentine's Day, which also happened to be T's 100 Days Celebration in Kindergarden. "Two parties in the same day, this is the best luck!"}

Post-edit: I thought I should include a picture of the door, for memory sake. Turns out the boys were admiring their door this morning and I caught them in the act! They're so sweet.
 

1 comment: