Saturday, February 28, 2015

February

February. It's just the worst month of the year, am I right? Sure you've got all that lovey-dovey holiday stuff which is fun, but the month pretty much tanks from there. James asked me this last week if I felt like our apartment was caving in on us, and I was all, "Yes! All month long!" Let's start with the fact that we're consistently reaching record low temperatures which means that we're consistently being forced to stay indoors. Stir crazy doesn't look good on any of us. But what makes it worse is that we have to stay inside our little house which is full to the brim with winter junk. There are coats and boots and scarves and so many other darn winter accessories stacked in every corner and hung from every door/hook/hanger in this tiny little place that I frankly feel like I'm suffocating. Suffocating in February. March will kick-off birthday season and our schedule and (hopefully) the weather will warm up from there. But for now, baby it's miserably cold out there. Insert grumpy face here.

 Left: Walking to church post-storm in a slushy mess. // Right: The dirty, ugly, graffitied snow pile on our street.

No comments:

Post a Comment