Sunday, October 18, 2015

Life Lately, Mid-October Edition...

There's not a whole lot to say except that life around these parts is ca-ca-ca-ca-crazy with a big ole spoonful of Rainbow Chip on the side. If I ever get a half-second to myself I think I might write that Betty Crocker a personal thank you note for bringing my favorite frosting back in my time of need; but a half-second to myself also seems a little ca-ca-ca-ca-crazy these days so Betty, with this post consider yourself thanked! James is back to the big-law grind and we don't see him much during the week, but luckily my three little people keep me busy and most of the time are pretty great company--except during the six o'clock witching hour!

What else, what else? Well, it's October so it seems like I should give you a weather report. It's hot, and you know that I love hot. People at the park keep talking about how horrible the heat is and I'm all, "Guys, my friends back in the City are wearing long johns and parkas. Count your blessings!" And you know I am--the sunshine breaths energy and happiness into my soul and I love to feel it everyday. I must admit though that the 80 degree weather the past few days has been a welcome cold spell and I've even dressed Quinny in a cute sweater or two! 

The boys and I finished reading "The Wizard of Oz" together this last week and watched the movie on Friday night. They were both quite scared of the Wicked Witch, but the morbid giggles when she melted were worth all the spookiness endured. Everett still calls the Cowardly Lion the "Cezerdly Lion" and holy hannah I will never correct him because it is SO cute! Both boys are thriving in school and soccer and life in general and there's no doubt they are right where they're meant to be. Quinny-girl is being crazy and cute and oh-so naughty all at the same time. She's learned to say hi and bye, lead music and stick out her tongue, pat her mouth to make loud noises and throw epic temper tantrums. She's just as feisty as I'd always hoped my daughter would be and I love her to bits.

So, well, I really don't have much else to say except I'm glad my computer is working again. It was in the shop all week and I feared the worst, but it's working like a champ now. Hallelujah! Our dishwasher is also working now after having a new motor installed; our fridge is no longer leaking after getting a good duck-tape job to the rear; our broken windows were replaced with beautiful new ones and our buzzer? That's still broken. This apartment has been a whole lot more work than we bargained for but hey, at least it's sunny outside!

Picture dump commencing now:

 The only thing Quinny loves more than seeing her big brother after a long day of school is getting to run around his playground with the big kids. More toddler and less baby everyday, much too soon.

 It's October, so Ever often feels the need to dress up in full costume when we go to pick-up. Heck, it has nothing to do with October. He'd dress up for pick-up everyday if I let him (which I sometimes do, in October!)

 Just because flowers from James!
Sometimes we call her Quen Stefanie, and for some reason in those shades I think the name fits like a glove.

 After-school superhero popsicle party because it's blasted hot outside! I bought 6 or 7 boxes of pops plus a few gallons of ice cream so that we always have a cool treat on hand. Sayonara hot cocoa, our fall friends are found in the freezer!

 Ever Knight and his posse before school.

 A lot of the time when we go to the park I try to contain her in the baby swing because her new favorite game is climb to the top to the jungle gym and scare Mommy by getting too close to the edge. The swing is much better for my heart.

 This last Friday Everett's school had a Hispanic Awareness performance and I went to support my muchacho. His class memorized a story about a little puppy who was trying to make new friends. Part of the story was in Spanish and part of it was in English. I love my Ever Knight and I was so glad to be there watching him shine. (Although when everyone clapped at the end he put his hands firmly over his ears. #stagefright #embarrassed) 

 Quinn in those boots had me swooning hard core. Her Flinstone feet have a hard time fitting in anything other than mocs, but a little push-and-shove was worth it to watch her walk around in those cute things! Thanks Avers for the share.

No comments:

Post a Comment