Monday, December 21, 2015

A Surprise Wiglet, Coming Right Up

I'm having another baby.

 If that news is at all surprising to you, just imagine how I felt the day after Quinny's first birthday when I learned that my moodiness and nausea were the result of her sibling growing wildly in my belly!!! Honestly, to say I was shocked is the understatement of the century. I guess to explain my reaction, I should mention that getting pregnant for us usually means months and months of planning, charting, temping and worrying. I'd never even considered I'd have a "wow! what a surprise!" pregnancy because frankly, history has never shown me that that was a possibility. Well, it's a possibility my friends. No, it's now my reality! Wow! What a surprise! I'm having a baby next year the first week of June! T will have just turned 7, Ever Knight will still be four, Quinny will be 20 months old and bam! I'll be the mother of four in a two bedroom apartment! (Enter Jim Gaffigan's monologue on how responsible that is. "We thought it through!")

The fog of shock was thick for a good month after I saw those two little lines. The majority of my time was spent worrying that this new baby would be more than any of us could handle so I held the news close to my chest, not trusting my own reaction to our surprise announcement, let alone the reaction of others. Not to mention I continued the tradition of horrible morning sickness--less throwing up this time but more food aversions and random gagging attacks and with debilitating exhaustion to boot. It was in this frame of mind that I found myself in my OB's office for my 8 week ultrasound. I don't know what I was expecting, but when I looked at the monitor and saw my newest little love waving and dancing and bobbing it's head up and down to the sound of a strong heartbeat I started sobbing and was filled with more love than I knew possible. It was as if that baby knew the worries of my soul and was telling me, "It's OK Mom! Don't worry. I'm a party-friend just like you and I can't wait to join your circus--er, family!" I can't say that all my anxieties are now suddenly gone, but I will say that I love that baby something fierce already and after that appointment I felt much more peace and joy about the whole situation and am definitely more excited!

Telling the boys made me even more thrilled, and reminded me how lucky I am to have such stellar children. Sure, Ever was mostly only interested in the Baby Ruth's that were in their "surprise" and Quinn was running around the temple grounds like a wild woman, but Talmage studied that ultrasound photo and once he realized what it all meant he laughed himself straight to tears and thanked us for giving him another sibling! That moment will definitely go down in history as one of the more special conversations of my life and reminded me of a quote my friend once told me, "The greatest gift you can give your child is another sibling." 

 So, there you go! One last Wiglet, coming at us in June! Can't wait to meet this new darling!

 My party-baby!


T finding out he was getting another baby!!!

1 comment:

  1. This is fabulous! Congratulations! I can't WAIT to see another cute Wig baby. What I didn't write in my last comment was, "I wondered if your writing break meant you were sick...like, pregnancy, I am just surviving sick." You explained it all away so well with that awful sick bug you all got. :-) That aside, I'm so happy for you and hope you're feeling full of energy and not so vomitish sometime very soon!

    ReplyDelete