Monday, December 14, 2015

Thanksgiving 2015

When Talmage went back to school the Monday after Thanksgiving they were asked to write a report about what they did over the break. He wrote, "Thanksgiving this year was not as I expected because my brother and sister were really sick. Even though we couldn't go to Sacramento, I still thought it was awesome." I was so worried that we were all going to think it was the worst holiday of our lives (not because we haven't spent them alone before because we have and they were great, just because we hadn't prepared and had different expectations) so his report made me smile both inside and out. Thanksgiving 2015 was definitely not what we expected, but it's now officially in the books and take it from T, it was pretty awesome! I'm grateful for a lot of things, but my three little Wiglets and their daddy definitely top my list. 











The day after Thanksgiving the kids were still infectious but we (I!!!) desperately needed out of the house! My all-time favorite tradition is taking a trip to Apple Hill the day after Thanksgiving, but since that wasn't a possibility we did our research and escaped for some fresh air in the SoCal mountains that also housed an apple orchard. We drank apple cider and ate caramel apples and ate apple donuts and bought homemade goodies and freshly-picked Pink Ladies and even though we weren't with all of my family (the thing that really makes Apple Hill wonderful) this place was a Grand Slam. James and I decided that we will definitely go back here and make it into our new LA tradition. (I'm convinced the reason James liked it so much is because it snowed. It snowed! He definitely tricked us warm weather lovers to get us there!)







Until next year Thanksgiving....

No comments:

Post a Comment