Friday, March 18, 2016

Birthday Interview: 7-year-old T Edition

On the eve of my biggest baby's 7th birthday the weatherman said that rain was on the menu for his big day. I thought little of it since El Nino has been rather disappointing in Southern California (and does anyone in LA actually believe the weather report ever because it is almost never right?) but sure enough, the heavens opened right as we were walking home from school and sheets of rain feel from the sky for hours. It's rather fitting actually. On his 5th and 6th birthdays, both celebrated during freezing weeks in NYC, the clouds parted and the sun shone brightly. We ran around that city celebrating that warmth and that boy. This year the week leading up to his 7th birthday was typical LA sunny in the 70's, and then came his birthday with hail and clouds and flooding galore. There's gotta be a deeper meaning in this, don't you think? That Talmage Scott is so spectacular, so one-of-a-kind, so starving for adventure that even Mother Nature celebrates him by new, fun and wild weather, regardless of where he's celebrating. We came home from school and decided that our afternoon birthday adventures would be replaced by treats and new toys and it was such a special time to share with our handsome and newly minted 7-year-old. Luckily the monsoon passed in time for a celebratory dinner at his restaurant of choice, Soup Plantation, and then it was home for oreo cake, oreo ice cream, and a family movie night. 

There are so many things to love about T, but something I deeply appreciate about him lately is how grateful he is for the things he is given. He never takes gifts for granted and he mentions how thankful he is over and over and over again. It makes giving him things SO much fun because I just know his reaction is going to be priceless. This year instead of big parties we are celebrating with fun experiences for the kids. We ended up getting Talmage tickets to a Nascar race at a track outside of Los Angeles and you should have heard his excitement (it actually makes me a little teary!) We gave him a Nascar hot wheel, a Nascar hat, tickets to the race and signed him up for a kid's club and an autograph session. The race is tomorrow (and I'm sure a post sometime after that) but I can't even describe how excited he is. He's pretty sure that the Nascar race will be the best day of his life, "Although Mom, it might be tied with my 7th birthday because it really was the greatest day EVER!" I love that birthday boy with all my heart and I seriously can't be more grateful that he's my biggest boy! 

Look Mom! Thumbs up because I'm 7!!!




What is your favorite...

Color: Yellow
Food: Macaroni and cheese, I mean, no, um, ice cream! Did you write ice cream? Yay!
Game: Baseball
Book: Ummm, Hardy Boys. 
Toy: My new Nerf gun I got. 
Treat: What do you mean treat, like candy? Oreos!
Song: The Killers, all of them.
Thing to learn about: Science, I mean the Solar System
Animal: Cheetah
TV show:  Can it be a movie? Star Wars!
Thing to wear: Hm, what's my favorite thing to wear? A t-shirt.
Holiday: Christmas...and my birthday.

What do you want to be when you grow up? An Inventor. I want to invent something that can go at the speed of light. I also want to be a famous Nascar driver. 
If someone was being mean to your brother or sister, what would you do? I would tell on them. Oh wait, just kidding. Ok, yes, I would tell on them.

Who is your best friend? Aiden.
What is something you want to learn to do this year? I want to learn how to do division better. I can do it, but I'm not super good at it yet. I do know one problem, four divided by two is two.

What is something that you are really good at? Um...I'm really good at, I'm really good at, hm, what am I good at? Doing math!
If you had a million dollars, what would you buy? A bunch of nerf guns.

If you were an animal, what would you be? A cheetah, because I like to run fast.
What do you want someone to invent? A nerf gun that wherever you say you want to aim it aims at and shoots perfectly at the target.

If you could have a magic power, what would it be? Running really fast like The Flash.
How many kids do you want to have when you grow up and get married? 23! (laughs) Because I want to be like, "Hey Henry, go take out the trash! Hey Maisen, go water the plants! Hey Aiden, go put the pillows on the couch! Hey Matthew, go decorate! Hey Maddie, go get the baby out of bed!" 

What kind of house would you like to live in: an igloo, a tree house, a castle, a cave, or our house? A tree house, a big one. 
Who is the prettiest girl in the whole world? My Mom.

Where do you want to go on your mission? Hm, Hawaii. I mean, no not Hawaii. Ukraine!
What's your favorite scripture story? Nephi builds the ship, and the brass plates of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment