Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Girls Weekend/ Boys Weekend

My Mom threw a baby shower for my sister-in-law Meghan and I had been planning for months to take a girls weekend to Sacramento to help her and also celebrate Meghan and my newest nephew-to-be. Then our house flooded, James' work revved up, baseball season started and both James and I were questioning how we were going to make it work. After a week of ups and downs, and at the very last second, Quinny and I ended up jumping on our scheduled flight and heading to Mema and Pepa's house. The flight was a nightmare with my busy baby and the uncertainty about whether or not I'd make it to the shower made me not quite as helpful, but I'd say the weekend was a total success! My Mom's shower skills are unmatched so it was a fabulous party, Meghan was spoiled rotten--as it should be, and I had the best time soaking up some almost alone time with my parents. Not to mention Quinny spent time with Papa and GG who let her put on every piece of costume jewelry they own, let her eat anything that looked delicious in their pantry and took her to see Great Papa in his new Memory Care facility. I think I love Sacramento more and more the older I get, and it all has to do with the most wonderful people who live there.



While Quinny and I had our girls weekend, the boys had a weekend with Dad filled with one adventure after another. James managed the pancake breakfast, fundraising booths, little league opening day and new-player parade like an all-star and even sent me picture updates along the way, knowing that it was killing me not to be celebrating the boys on their special Saturday. The baseball adventures were just the beginning of the excitement however, James also took them to see a movie, on nature walks, out to fun dinners and even better desserts. As he would recap each day with me on the phone at night it was perfectly clear that 1. James is the greatest Dad 2. Those boys weren't missing me at all and 3. Us girls might be slowing the boys down sometimes! I am so grateful that James made it possible for me to be away, it really was a fabulous weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment