Sunday, August 20, 2017

First day of school! First day of school!

Usually it's Adam Sandler's voice that repeats in me old noggin this time of year singing, "Back to school, back to school, to prove to my Daddy that I'm not a fool!" but in 2017, I've got Nemo on my mind. Remember how he wakes up his Dad with more energy than one person (or fish) should ever contain screaming, "First day of school! First day of school!" and is a whirlwind on his way out the door? Well Nemo and my boys must be reading the same script because there is SO MUCH ENERGY over here! Sure, there was some serious sadness over the end of summer because we had such a blast, but at the same time my kids love their friends, their teachers and learning new things so they were stoked at the Back to School feast on Sunday, on the first day of school, and even now a week later they are loving it. I'm so grateful for such a wonderful environment for their brains to bloom. 

They got to choose our menu for this year's Back to School feast so it was tomato basil soup, rolls, watermelon and grilled corn with special lemonade to drink. We also had lunch lady brownies for dessert because the pinterest title seemed fitting and gosh, they did not disappoint. 

Everett lost his two front teeth two nights before his first day of first grade. I can't get over how darling I find his toothless grin and his little lisp. I love first graders and this one is no exception!

We were running late on the first day of school because morning's are even crazier than we remember so this is the only picture I got of these super cute brothers. For the most part they are the best of friends (with a few major brawls in between) and it makes me happy to see them side by side and off to school together.

Cora cheesed and waved and "hiiiiiiiiiii"ed the masses all the way to school! 

Someone is getting bigger and more independent by the second. His attitude is a little spicy lately, but he held my hand on the way to class and wanted to give me a hug and a kiss before I left so I think we're still good!

Chase and Ever are in the same class--hooray!

And so are T and Carmine! The best news!

I walked home with Quinny and Coco and started a whole new world with me and these fun little ladies. Quinn wasn't quite sure about leaving her brothers (and frankly, wanted to stay with them) but we've been saying our "Girls are Awesome" cheer and having the best time with each other. 

After school cookies and real talk was as good as ever. This is such a fun and easy tradition and endless extra large cookies means those boys stay and chat forever...which is exactly my plan!

The first day of school has come and gone again so here we go. (And PS, the stores are already starting to sell Halloween decor and I'm planning Thanksgiving. Basically, goodbye 2017!)

No comments:

Post a Comment