Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Museum of Ice Cream

If you want to learn anything about ice cream--the history, the process, the marketing strategies or most popular flavors--well, then the Museum of Ice Cream is not for you. But if you want to eat ice cream for a solid hour and take a million instagram-worthy photos then ding! ding! ding! this place is meant for you. And so it was with me. I could have spent all day taking pictures of my little ladies and eating the YUMMIEST ice cream (Churro from Cream was to die for, and that chocolate covered cherry was bonkers). I felt a little guilty because I'm still going strong with my no sugar month, but it was my one cheat and it was worth it! 

The 1970's called and said they wanted their outfit back and I was all, not a chance! I am soooo feeling the recent trend of no clothes actually touching your body! The more it flows and feels like pajamas the better.

Cora's always looking up at/to these girls and I couldn't be happier that she has two of the greatest to call hers (one by blood, and one nearly so!)


This was basically my level of excitement at that moment as well!





I'm not kidding, this was the BEST ice cream I've ever had in my whole 32 years of ice cream trying and adoring. It was churro ice cream (or if you ask the kids, Cinnamon Toast Crunch ice cream) and the chunks of churro were the perfect amount crispy and chewy and I WANT MORE!


I love these women and their babies and I love adventuring with them. 


Don't take candy from strangers, Cora. Unless they're wearing a silly hat, go by a silly ice cream-themed name and offer you mint chip mochi (nothing silly about that flavor, yum!) 

There were two tweens ahead of us in the museum who were taking thousands of duck-faced, perfectly posed pics and it was hilarious to watch Quinn stand on the wall right after them and point up at the words in the same way. Two going on twelve, this one.



To some people a pool full of sprinkles sounds like heaven. Cora is not one of those people.

Yep, she basically hated it! Maybe it's because she knew her dress camouflaged with the sprinkles and she feared being left behind? Or maybe she's just one and who knows why one-year-olds decide that cool things are not cool--like sprinkle pools, and sleep.

This little one, on the other hand, spent her whole time in that pool swimming and making sprinkle angels and smiling big and nonstop. Quinn really is so, so fun to adventure with.

She won't smile for sprinkles, but put a binky in front of this baby and she'll give you a good one. Addict!



Pink pancakes with homemade vanilla in between ftw. If at this point I wasn't stuffed with five other kinds of ice cream I would have eaten two. There's truly nothing like a really good vanilla.



Bucket list item checked! I'm so grateful to live in such a cool place and have the opportunity to go on fun adventures like this one. Museum of Ice Cream, you done good!

No comments:

Post a Comment