Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Friday Ice Cream Day

There were two little muchachos that thought the all-girls trip to the Ice Cream Museum was kind of the worst, so we made up for it in a big way with a massive first Friday Ice Cream Day of the school year. I can't believe it's been four years since we started this weekly sweet tradition, and I love to see how it's evolved into something bigger and way more fun than I could have ever imagined. Good friends and good food, that's what life is all about, and we're blessed to have both in abundance.

T decided he wanted a little extra swoosh in his hair for school. He's so laid back with his appearance so I always find it adorable and hilarious when he has an opinion in this department.

This kid never ceases to amaze me with his fashion choices. He's still in a high-sock phase and loves to wear the same color from head to toe. When he came out dressed like this on the third day of school he said, "I wook awesome. So much bwue, isn't it da best?" I turned "I'm Blue" on my phone and we danced around the house!

Happy to hug (and wrestle to the ground) while waiting for their big sibs to get out of class.

Two tubs and six gallons of ice cream meant every child had something they adored on the table. They each got one cone with two scoops and there were only smiles to be seen, even after the ice cream was gobbled up. (But that could have been because it was quickly followed with apples and popcorn and cheese and peppers and so much playing!)

A few fun hours later this messy little thing was on her way to the tub when I made her stand against the fence to memorialize the dirt caked to every inch of her model bod. The picture just doesn't do it justice! I love dirty babies at the end of the day because it means they've played hard, an important job for a kid. 

While I was snapping pictures of Quinny, Coco silently backed up to the fence, watching Quinny to see how to act and then waiting for me to take a picture of her. Cora is just the sweetest little girl.

Happy first Friday Ice Cream Day everyone. If you are local, you're always welcome. If you don't live close, please come visit. If there's one thing I excel at it's buying treats and I'd love to share them with you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment