Wednesday, August 16, 2017

It started and ended with the beach.

Our last week of Summer vacation that is. Tears, tears, sadness and tears because the kids went back to school yesterday and the best Summer break we've ever had is officially over. I totally thought by the end of this crazy summer I'd be ready for them to go back to school but I'm pretty heart-sick about my buddies being gone all day again...and the crazy schedule we're welcoming back.

Luckily the last week of Summer was a total success and as mentioned in the title, started and ended with days spent boogie boarding and castle making at the beach (with lots of fun in between). Uncle Chase and Aunt Meghan were staying with us that week so they were along for the ride and even though our fridge broke, we had sick babies and our packages were stolen from the front steps it was a rocking week.

Summer, we loved you more than you'll ever know. School year, bring it!




Uncle Chase's sand castle skills are unmatched, and the kids couldn't get enough! They'd build and build and build and then Quinn would smash the heck out of it and smile ear to ear!

The Autry Museum was awesome, but our stay was short-lived because of a fever for poor Hunter. 


These three loved panning for gold, T could have done this all afternoon!

Meghan asked me to braid her hair and it was so fun, especially after only braiding Quinny's little locks for so long!


Our Wednesday night BBQ was even awesomer than normal this week thanks to this water slide and bouncy house. The kids were in HEAVEN!

Cora started doing this recently and I laughed so hard that she knew she had me wrapped, the little yogi! Now she does it all the time and looks at me and smiles extra big. SOOOOOO cute!








Our last Friday beach day of the Summer was a little overcast, had perfect waves for boarding, showed us a huge school of dolphins and basically was amazing in every way...especially when this little sister decided that she LOVED the waves and ran in and out of them all day. I love the beach, I love our Summers and more than anything I love this crew. 

No comments:

Post a Comment