Wednesday, November 6, 2019

All in a month's work...

Remember when I was worried about filling my personal time while Coco was at school? Well, that almost seems laughable now! The last month has been filled with adventures, hardships, new opportunities and a never-ending to-do list and my days have been overflowing, that's for sure.

It's hard for me to not share ev-er-y-thing about my life on this blog. I pride myself on authenticity and have learned that being vulnerable and sharing the good, the bad and the ugly helps me feel relatable, approachable and free. Some of what's keeping me busy lately is solely my story to tell: I've thrown what feels like a million holiday parties, I was called as Relief Society President in my ward, I have done a whole lot of service projects and soccer practices, Saturday runs and late-night girl dates. But some of my busyness has come in a story that's so entwined with other people that it can't be shared here, not yet anyway. I've not done a lot of publishing on this blog lately, but I've done a whole lot of writing, and as always it's felt so good to release energy and emotion through my fingertips.

The only reason I even mention this is because life is complicated, and don't I know it! I started going through these pictures of my beautiful, happy family over the last month and felt so much joy remembering these moments, but as is the case with all of us that doesn't tell the whole story. This month has been hard, it's been emotional, it's been confusing and frankly, we're still swimming through a lot of stuff. I honestly believe that everyone is going through something--we all have our "things"--and that's OK, that's real life. When given the choice between posting a million pretty pictures and pretending our life is perfect or being real with you, well you know I'll never gloss over reality. Life isn't just about the good moments it's about learning and growing from all of them, and us Wig's are trying to do just that.  

So this is me asking you to enjoy the good moments from our last month by way of these pretty pictures knowing full well that a lot of the time our life looks nothing like this (read: it's crazy town over here!!!)

 
   We finally made it to the Burnett's new home in Yorba Linda and it's big and beautiful and we LOVED seeing them. I still can't believe we are no longer neighbors and would take them back in a heartbeat, but knowing someone with a pool is pretty cool too!

Quinny got to take home the stuffed dog from her class (what's his name again? why can I never remember?!) and basically we played baseball with him all week. My kids are in a HUGE baseball phase right now, and I'm loving it!


  College day at school--BYU and Stanford!!! (And shout out to my beautiful mums before I murdered them)

 We babysat four extra kids for a weekend and it was so much fun. I love when my house is full to the brim with babies, I would've kept them if their parents would have let me. 






My girls and I went to see Taylor Swift and the Jonas Brothers and my queeeeeeen Lizzo at the Hollywood Bowl and it was such a freaking blast. Literally Lizzo took us to church!

 Rolling up to church with all of these cuties was way too much fun. They were all so good!

  Joined Quinny Cat on a field trip to the fire station. 

 
  These four are just my favorite. Wow, they cute!

Some years we go in family-themed costumes, and then some years everyone gets to be whatever the heck they want and Mom and Dad go as Dodgers fans! T: skeleton, Ev: Ash from Pokemon, Quinny: Cheetah trainer, Coco: Fairy princess. 

The Bishop snapped this picture after setting apart my new presidency and I'm so glad he did! I am thrilled to start serving with this talented, faithful and inspiring group of women. 

  Celebrated BA's 80th birthday! 

  She dressed herself and it was just. so. good!


I took my crew to the zoo on a day when school was cancelled because of fires. I love these little ones and it was fun to explore with them! (And of course Quinn found herself on top of a cheetah!)

Talmage is such a great big brother! I put on the Halloween party in Quinn's class and T showed up during his recess so that he could help the little kids. Quinny's teacher told me that he turns up in her classroom all the time just to check on her and see if Mrs. Miller needs help. I love when I see this nurturing side of my big, handsome boy and my heart beats extra hard at the thought of the amazing group of siblings I've created. 

  I helped throw Coco's Halloween party and we had so much fun together. I especially loved watching her costume parade. 

Cora switched from a fairy princess to Cinderella for the Halloween party we hosted. This was a big year for us because our crew was down a member as T went trick-or-treating with a group of friends. I told him the choice was his and for days he went back and forth until he came to me and said, "Mom, would it hurt your feelings if I went with them?" My insides were screaming yeeeeeeesssssssss, but of course I said no. I am happy for him that he has such a great community and I loved that he could share this fun holiday with them. That being said, I ran across the street like a crazy woman and hugged him tight when we finally met up. My babies are growing up, one by one. Stay a little princess for a bit longer, ok Coco?!

 Always my favorite house on Thayer!

It's a saaaaaad day indeed when you feel sick after eating just two fun size Almond Joy's after trick-or-treating. When did I become such a sugar lightweight? (And PS--Almond Joy is so under-rated and so delicious. None of my kids like it and so they gave me all of them...and this was it. Crazy, right? We ended up with 60 Milky Way and 60 Reese's but only 5 Almond Joy!)

 Ev and his "little buddy" at a day-after-Halloween party at school.

We are literally drowning in candy over here. We've sorted it a million times and on one hand it's so much fun and then on the other it's like, ahhhhhhhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment