Monday, November 18, 2019

I need a nap right now.

Quinn dressed herself for school today and couldn't have been more pleased when I didn't make her change! 

I've found I'm quite tired in the late afternoon. The kids are just home from school with an excess of energy and all I can think about is Diet Coke...and bedtime...and when I'm overly desperate a private island, you know how I love the ocean...and the quiet. It wouldn't be so bad if I could just stick them in the backyard at 3pm with popsicles and pals a la summer, but I have to help with homework, pass out snacks, quiet incessant screams and make our dinner meal that inevitably no one will like. I've become a morning person out of necessity and I'm a night person thanks to Mother Nature but late afternoons, they are such a stinkin' chore.

No comments:

Post a Comment