Saturday, July 24, 2021

Quinny's Bonkers Summer

Quinny's summer has been nutty, poor girl. First, she broke her arm. About a week after she got her cast off she spiked a fever of nearly 105 that couldn't be brought down with medicine. We ended up in the ER and it took some steroids and antibiotics to bring down that fever and allow her to eat and drink again. And then a few weeks later she got stung by a bee and her whole face was swollen until she couldn't even open her eye. Oh my goodness! Another round of steroids and an epi pen for the future was what our doctor ordered. Quinny girl--I think we've reached our doctor quota for the year thank you very much!



They never figured out just what was wrong with Quinn but some heavy meds brought her fever down and allowed her to rehydrate her body. I'm so grateful for modern day medicine because I haven't seen one of my babies so sick in a long, long time.

12 hours post bee sting. 

18 hours post bee sting. 


And these last two are 24 hours post bee sting. We had no idea that Quinny was allergic...but I guess her Pepa's genes have passed through to our girl. Stay away from our family, bumble bees. We are not your biggest fans!

No comments:

Post a Comment