Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Oh the weather outside is FRIGHTFUL, and kinda fun!

We left California wearing short sleeves, and returned to NYC in the middle of a blizzard! The first few days (as we were still trying to catch up from the crazy flight) we pretty much were hermits. But, eventually I decided that Talmage needed to have his first fun snowday!

The poor people who scrape the sidewalks at our building would have had heart failure if they had seen Tornado Talmage make his way down the walk. He was SO interested in the snow, that he would hit it as hard as he could and watch it topple down. He was VERY proud of himself!

Walking through the snow was hilarious! It was fresh and powdery and Mr. T was always at least 1/2 covered. He took a few steps and then he'd yell, "Mommy, hold you."

His favorite part...eating the snow. He ate SO MUCH! I figured it was fine since we were the only ones at the park in the very fresh snow...but now that it's been a few days (and the snow is either black or yellow) I have to continally remind him that eating it is not ok. Poor kid!


Here we are, all bundled up in the snow. I'm sportin' my Canada beanie courtesy of Unco Jodan!


The next day we told Daddy how much fun we had had playing in the snow and begged him to come play with us for a few minutes. We decided to go sledding on a huge hill by our house. I took pictures while the two of them played. It was so sweet. Jim would make the long trek uphill with that heavy baby of ours and in point two seconds they were at the bottom and T would say, "Again. Again." They ended up sledding until the sled (AKA a piece of cardboard we found on our way to the hill...we're so Bronx!) gave up the ghost.

I have to admit, snow is most definitely not my favorite weather condition and most of the time, I think it's oh-so frightful, but sometimes it is kind of fun!

4 comments:

  1. Ghetto sledding, nice! This almost makes me miss the New York winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love babies in snow suits! He looks so cute! I have to admit, if I had to walk through the freshly powdered snow, wearing multiple layers I would be saying "hold you" as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So thrilled that you are having a blast, and can't wait to welcome the new little cousin. He can come and play with our little Carter and the boys can terrorize all of the moms and grandmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha ha ha....i laughed so hard when I thought of you guys sledding with cardboard....that was probably someones home :(

    i am glad you are MUCH more positive about the snow than i am!

    love you!

    ReplyDelete