Monday, March 14, 2011

Cars Party

On Saturday we had a Cars birthday party for Talmage with a few of his friends. T is beyond obsessed with Cars. BEYOND! All week he told everyone from our doorman to randoms at the grocery store that he would be having a "Cars birtday" or a "Queen (McQueen) Party." It took a lot of preparation (and a ton of work entertaining two-year-olds for 1 1/2 hours) but Talmage had a BLAST and I was very pleased.

The pictures aren't perfect, I was way too busy playing "Pit Crew Captain" to take any good shots! But luckily I took a few before the kiddos came and managed a few while Jim took over the pit!

We had the party in the lounge of our building. This picture is looking at "Flo's V8 Cafe" from the Race track. The white chairs are the bleachers so the parental units could watch their kids race...at least that was the idea!
We had a nice snack bar style lunch. The kids ate wheel-shaped sandwiches (three different options), Chick Hicks Chips, Sally fruit Snacks, fruit, stop and go M&M's and Racer grab-bags filled with pretzels, cheez-its, craisins, chocolate-covered raisins and dried apples. Of course we had V8 gas (AKA-juice!)
My Lightning McQueen cake was being a little difficult, ie the frosting kept slipping off the cake. Woops! At first I thought I'd start over...and then I realized I was throwing the party for two year olds who definitely wouldn't care as long as it tasted good. And luckily it did, so we were just fine!
The Par-tay table!
There is a huge pillar in the middle of the room so I decided to decorate it with streamers and cover it with road signs and pictures of characters from the movie cars. All of the numbers on the speed limit, interstate, etc were 2 for T's second birthday! It was a nice centerpiece.
The kids all got a Mater party hat and a Cars sippy cup full of treats.
We had a station where the kids could play with cars on the mat...
...and a Pin the Lightning on McQueen game. Jim drew this and I was way impressed!

We had a race track where the kids did car racing, and we also played some red light/green light (which PS was more like green light/green light...once I said go there was no stopping them!)

I made these cars out of some old boxes and construction paper and they were a big hit. We did car races and they were running so fast I couldn't even get a semi-ok picture of the cars. But they had so much fun and kept going back to play with them. Woo-hoo!

They all loved the lunch full of fun food!
And Mr. T felt pretty darn special when everyone started singing to him. He loved his cake and didn't even hide from the candle which was progress!

After fun and food, all the kids helped Talmage open his presents...

...and then they all waited patiently while Talmage's Daddy took the toys out of the box so they could play!
I LOVE birthday's and had so much fun making Talmage's second party special for him! We are in birthday season at the Wiggy casa. Jim in April, me in May, new muchacho in June...bring on the parties, bring on the cake, bring on the fun!

5 comments:

  1. That looked like the best party ever - I wish I could have raced around the track in one of those cute cars - so much fun! Great job honey - what a fun memory for all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you come and plan my kids birthdays??? Looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how Miles looks like he got caught red handed hahah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are too freaking cute. I love it. It looks like a dream party of any little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to party Wiggy style. Happy Birthday to the handsome guy. I teared up reading the post where you mentioned his difficult birth. Life is so precious we must celebrate well.

    ReplyDelete