Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Congrats to my very own Jimmer

I admit it, I have some major Jimmer-mania of my own. But instead of cheering for lay-ups and free throws on the court, T and I have pulled out our pom-poms for well-written legal memorials and fierce question-answering abilities in moot court competitions! This week has been amazing for our Jimmer, and we COULD NOT be more proud! James is on Columbia's international moot court (called Jessup) and his team has been diligently working since, well, since I can remember. My Jimmer is the only first-year law student on the team, and a few weeks ago they dominated in the regional competition in New York City, winning first place and the opportunity to compete in the National and International rounds in Washington DC. Their winning streak continued in Washington, where they took first place in the National competition. They worked so hard and we were all so excited. The International Round was the most intense thing I have ever experienced, and I'm not kidding. There were three distinguished judges throwing questions at both teams that were meant to trick, mislead, and distract from the argument. Columbia performed SO WELL, but in the end, the first place trophy went down under with the Aussies, and Jimmer's team won second. SECOND IN THE WORLD...yep, we'll take it!!! Team huddle before the competition...and do you see all the people waiting to watch the competition? The hotel's ball room sat 600 people and there were at least 50-100 people standing in the back. The team with the incredible judges--I wish I could give you bios on all of them. But believe me, their resumes were impressive and I felt like I was in the presence of celebrities! Lucky for me, Jim's Aunt Nancy volunteered to watch Talmage while I enjoyed the competition. It was the biggest treat she could have given me! We grabbed him after the competition for a few family pictures, but he was more interested in wearing Daddy's name tag and knocking down the flags set up for the countries of the world (true and sad story!) But we did manage to quickly get a couple! And if that wasn't exciting enough, this week James was also offered a great job with an amazing international firm for the summer. Now if that doesn't give you Jimmer Fever, I don't know what would! Looks like we're heading back to California for the warm weather...woo-hoo! Heavenly Father has blessed us so much, and we couldn't be more grateful.

6 comments:

  1. That's awesome! Great job Jim! And I'm so excited that you're coming to Cali for the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is all so amazing! Now visiting you in Sf we can handle:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! So happy for you all!
    And thank you for the sweet comment today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love following your posts! Congrats on your pregnancy and all the other wonderful things happening in your life! You really are blessed! Glad you are well. We are moving to the East Bay, just outside SF in the next 1-2 months. My hubby started a finance job in Danville. Best, Ivona

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on both huge accomplishments! I'm so happy that you'll be able to be by family this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, he's kind of a big deal! Congrats you guys on everything going on right now! Love you!
    You look adorable BTW :)

    ReplyDelete