Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Quarter of a Century

Today is Jim's 25th birthday. For 25 beautifully amazing years James has been on this earth, blessing everyone who knows him with his smile, wit and love. I know he's a blessing to me. We weren't supposed to have seen him today (see previous post about T thinking law school was Daddy's home) but when his study group was cancelled T and I decided to Dad-nap him and treat him to dinner at his favorite place, Carnegie Deli. Talmage dressed for the occasion...and gave a big woo-hoo when I mentioned our plan to hang out with Daddy. You see, Daddy is Talmage's favorite person in the WORLD. When Daddy is home, Talmage follows him around like a puppy dog and always wants to play, be held and give loves. Those boys are so cute together. Back to dinner. Jim and I split one of their phatty pastrami sandwiches...and as always we were super impressed. We ordered Talmage some french fries, but he was having a "do the opposite of whatever Mommy says" kind of a day and wouldn't touch them (except for making them swim in ketchup), so I ate them instead. I think I'm going to start ordering him delicious food more often (so I can eat more!) Could we end the evening without a piece of their famous cheesecake? Heck no! It was divine, and of course T was more than happy to help us with that baby! Hilarious story: I insisted that the cake have a candle, so our awesome waiter (who was Chinese) got one for us. He came back, lit the candle and then started singing happy birthday...only problem, he was completely off-key, didn't really know the words, and was singing like a million octaves too, uh, wrong! I tried to sing with him, but it was a complete and utter failure of a birthday song. I laughed so hard. But hey, we got a candle! Our only family picture from the birthday. Perfect picture? No. But I sure do love this little family of ours. Especially that guy on the left! I think 25 looks pretty darn good on him! We made Daddy a candy card for his birthday. Talmage thought it was awesome, except for when I wouldn't let him eat the candy...he was literally licking the wrappers. It was hilarious!

And while we're on the subject of crazy T. We were at the store buying all of the candy for the card when Talmage picked up this card from the rack and started saying, "Birtday card. Daddy. Is Tommersh." He walked around in the store with this card for a good five minutes before I finally saw what it was. I died laughing. He thought that picture on the front was him. That's how he sees himself! (To be honest, they do remind me of each other in both rolls and temperament!) We had to buy it for Daddy!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Jim - and what a funny, funny thing that Talmage thought he was basically looking in the mirror! You need to make sure that you keep that card forever so that you can show him that when he is older!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet day for your family! I loved the easter pictures! My kids are the same way...they think that the Easter Bunny, Santa, or Chuck E Cheese is there solely for their amusement. Happy late Birthday Jim, and congrats on all your recent accomplishments!

    ReplyDelete