Saturday, April 16, 2011

T's BFF: The Easter Bunny

Talmage and I went to an Easter egg hunt on the Upper West Side today and the Easter bunny (Mrs. Easter Bunny, to be exact) made a surprise visit. Who would have known that T would be completely and utterly obsessed? It definitely caught me off guard. He would not let this poor bunny out of his sight...or grasp. In fact, he was probably getting the evil eye from all of the other parents because he would hop on over to the Easter bunny without any respect for lines of children or photographing parents. I bet lots of NYC families have pics of T! He wanted to make sure the Easter bunny saw him hopping. He'd say, "Easer bunny. I hop. You hop." By this time, Mrs. Bunny knew him by name and welcomed him!
Oh yeah, and he specifically wanted a picture of himself holding the Easter Bunny's hand. This is possibly the first time in his life that he encouraged my picture-taking obsession!

He thought egg collecting was pretty cool too (although nothing compared to the Bunny!) Since this was T's first ever Easter egg hunt, we practiced at home to make sure he knew what he was up against. I am pleased to say he rocked the hunt and got lots of candy...I am sorry to say that his Mom must have looked like a walking pinata on the way to the subway because when we got home we found an empty basket. Woops! Good thing I've got a house full of treats!


And one more thing, May better bring some darn nice flowers for all the rain April has put us through. I'm just sayin!

1 comment:

  1. I love his determined little look when he sees all those eggs!

    I guess the bunny is just less intimidating then a Giant man who dresses in red and has a beard!

    ReplyDelete