Monday, April 11, 2011

A visit to "Daddy's Home"

Saturday was BEAUTIFUL in NYC so we literally spent the whole day soaking up the much-needed (and appreciated) rays. After a long morning in the park, and a nice nap, we decided to head to Columbia and tear Daddy away from the library for a picnic dinner. As we approached campus T told the shuttle driver that we were going to visit Daddy. When I asked where we were going to visit him, T answered, "At Daddy's home." We (the driver and I) laughed at the sad reality of that statement! There was a fair in the center of campus and we decided to eat dinner and people watch. Talmage had a great time dancing to the music, chasing birds and making a total mess of his picnic! Like I said, total mess! I'm sorry to say that our picnic ended in tears (unfortunately that's a common occurence around here) when Talmage was told he needed to stay by the fam. He's hilarious because he won't go to nursery by himself and yet lead him into a room full of strangers and he's gone in two seconds. Did I say hilarious? Make that ridiculous! I saw this sticker at a shoe store and immediately thought of my sweet little nephew-boy. I miss that peanut so much. I can't wait to see kai run this summer. Woo-hoo!

2 comments:

  1. How does such an innocent little chip get all over that face!! You gotta love orange!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kids always used to ask if Daddy was going to sleep at our house tonight. They assumed he never slept here because he came home after they fell asleep and left before they woke up...

    ReplyDelete