Tuesday, April 26, 2011

.T.H.R.E.E.

April 24, 2011

THREE year ANNIVERSARY

Since our anniversary this year fell on a Sunday (Easter Sunday no less) we celebrated the special day on Friday with a dinner-date to Mama Mexico on the upper west side. I remember loving this place when I did my internship in NYC many moons ago, and I was hoping this experience would be just as amazing. IT WAS!

We started with guacamole made-to-order at our tableside. You should have seen the guacamole-man go! He mixed all the ingredients so fast that blinking would've meant mixing the action! I am a lover of all things avacado, and let me tell you that this is the best guacamole I have ever eaten. We were seriously licking the bottom of the bowl.


That was me eating my first bite of guac. You can tell it's my first bite because I was posing for the camera, and heaven knows that once I had tasted of its goodness I would not have stopped for pictures! Seriously, if you are ever in NYC please go to Mama Mexico and eat their guacamole.

Dinner was equally delicious, as was that passion-fruit slushee drink. As if that wasn't enough, on our walk back home I had a serious craving for frozen yogurt, so we stopped by PinkBerry and had a mango/pomegranate sundae with lots of fruit and mochi that was divine. Can you tell I'm so pregnant?


Anyway, it was such a nice evening to enjoy each other's company and reminisce about all the good times we've shared the last three years. We've attended three universities, moved a million times, lived in three of our own places (and frequented the parentals houses during nearly every summer), had one crazy kid and have watched him grow like a weed, traveled Europe and the US together and found out that another crazy son will join our family. We are richly blessed.

5 comments:

  1. Looks delish!!! Happy day :) Sorry I couldn't sing to you, but maybe that was for the better. . nobody can beat your singing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary!! I want the guac and passion fruit drink right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey HQ,

    Thanks for a beautiful post. I love you dearly, and I also love your blog!

    Looking forward to many years together,

    J

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, that looks so yummy! I totally remember that about you and avocados. Remember in Taiwan when that crazy lady brought out a perfectly yummy looking one and proceeded to cover it in Karo syrup? I miss Taiwan. Happy Anniversary you guys!

    ReplyDelete