Thursday, August 18, 2011

First Bath

Just six weeks ago we were in the hospital and Evie was having heart surgery. These last six weeks have been busy, and stressful, and full to the brim with miracles--he being the greatest one. Well, his surgery scars have healed and he was finally able to take his first bath. I wish I could say he loved it and relaxed, but the truth is...

he screamed and screamed and screamed through most of it! Can you blame him? He's 7 weeks old and this was his first bath, he had no idea what was going on!

But when he calmed down boy, oh boy, did he look adorable! And we did learn that he prefers the water hot, not warm (he is so my son!) And he loves his head being massaged (he's his dad's son too!).

Mema helped us give Ev his first bath, because no one in the world gets more excited about milestones than her and it is way too fun to have her involved! PS--I made him a swimsuit for modesty purposes!



I'm not sure what's cuter, Ev taking a bath or Ev comfy cozy after his bath! He loves his new lamby from Grammie and that cute new blanket.

5 comments:

  1. He is so adorable. Congrats on the bath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness Heather, I love your blog. What a beautiful baby he is. Love you, girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree. It is so fun to have your mom enjoying your baby's milestones right with ya! It feels like no one appreciates/gets as excited.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather - so glad to see that everything seems to be going well. Palo Alto is a great place and maybe we will run into you on one of our Cali visits. Your boys are so so darling and you look great as well {super skinny BTW} Anyways hope everything is going great. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute little Ev. He is such a beautiful little baby. I'm glad he's doing well. And, I can't believe how much Talmage is talking?! When did he get so big? With you guys on the West Coast now, I don't know when we'll see you! Bummer!!!!!

    ReplyDelete