Saturday, March 10, 2012

Dinosaur Train Birthday Party

Talmage turns 3 tomorrow so we celebrated with a Dinosaur Train party today! It actually went really well, and he was THRILLED which made everything worth it. There is not a lot of Dinosaur Train merchandise for sale yet, so I had to be a little bit crafty...but it was fun. Here's a little run-down of the party.

When kids started showing up we gave them each a conductor hat and they started coloring some Dinosaur Train pages I had printed from pbs.com. It was a great starter activity while we waited for everyone to come. We also had Dinosaur Train music in the background.


After coloring, the kids were given a ticket to ride on T's Dinosaur Train. My dad made the tickets, which were amazing, and Jim and I made the train out of cardboard and paint (which rested on T's new wagon from Papa and GG...more on that later). This might have been the highlight of the party for everyone! It turned out way cuter than I was expecting, and Talmage was absolutely floored. He kept saying, "Wow. Wow Mommy. Is a Dinosaur Train and is for my party!"


We played a few games--red light/green light, Conductor Says and then we went on a Dinosaur Egg Hunt. They were fun for the older kids, and the younger kids were at least partially entertained.


Since we did the party between meals, we just did snacks. There was food for herbivores (veg), carnivores (goldfish), cupcakes and prehistoric swamp juice (apple juice punch dyed green with swedish fish and gummy worms). I made all the decorations for the cupcakes and they turned out really cute.


And even though he kind of looked like a deer in the headlights when we sang to him, I think he kind of liked it ;)


And then it was time for presents. Our friends were so kind and Talmage got some really amazing things. Needless to say, we spent the whole rest of the day playing, playing, playing.


After the organized part of the party was done, I got the camera out and tried to get pics of everyone who was still there. I didn't get everyone, but I got some. We sure love our friends!



We love you Birthday Boy! Hooray for being 3. Thank you for giving us a reason to celebrate!


After the party we took Grammie to see the Memorial Church since this was her first trip to Stanford.



And, of course, me and my dad were acting super mature.

8 comments:

  1. You are a "Party Planner Extraordinaire!" What a super awesome day, no detail was left out and it was so much fun for dad and I to see it all come together! Nice job mommy! P.S. Dad wishes he could have rode on the dinosaur train! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am probably stealing every single Dinosaur Train idea you posted. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. My son is turning 5 and he asked for a dinosaur train party. You've inspired me! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey!! I really liked this dinosaur party. Children must have great time there. Want to have something really best for my son’s birthday party at one of Los Angeles venues. Will arrange batman themed party as he loves it. Will look for amazing ideas for the day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does anyone know where I can find the dinosaur train plates,cups and napkins. Alot of places advertise,but they don't really have any.

    ReplyDelete