Sunday, March 18, 2012

a really really nice sunday

His hair was parted, his dress slacks ironed and under that sweater was the cutest little tie you ever did see because EVERETT WENT TO CHURCH TODAY! WOO-HOO!!! On Friday we were given the go-ahead from Evie's cardiologist to resume life outside our four walls, and oh what joyous news that was to my ears. I'll admit, I got a little teary-eyed a few times during Sunday school as we talked about the power of prayer and I watched my own little miracle play on the floor at my feet. Having all four of us at church was special and I felt very complete.

Before church...Evie was thrilled to be getting out of the house and Talmage was thrilled because I let him dribble his basketball to the car. He LOVES basketball lately--so my child! I not-so-secretly hope he's a 6'4" basketball star...and would also possibly love to have my own little basketball team of kids! We'll see--about both.


Jim drew pictures in Sacrament meeting to entertain Talmage. I was cracking up later as I looked at them--especially his self-portrait.


The proof that he looks nothing like that yucky picture he drew of himself! Hand-some! We went on a drive this evening to search for a rainbow and animals. We found this gorgeous park where you could see from San Jose to San Fran--gorgeous!

We saw lots of animals--bambi, coyotes, big birds and horses--but no rainbows. T was pretty stoked about the animals and wanted to go find Bambi's family. I told them they went home to have Sunday dinner together, which he thought was a pretty good thing to do.


We took a picture together at the look-out spot...



...but we left these under-dressed chickens in their carseats because it was colder than we thought it would be! PS--do you like T's helmet? He put it on this afternoon (probably hoping that if he was wearing a helmet I would let him go ride bikes even though it was Sunday) and it didn't come off until he was in bed tonight. Love that crazy kid!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you explained about the helmet. For about 2 seconds I thought that you were just extra careful in the car and made Talmage wear a helmet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy, isn't it funny how after the experience that you just been through, doing the normal becomes special!

    Sounds like a perfect Sunday!

    ReplyDelete