Tuesday, September 18, 2012

T the Preschooler.

It's official--Talmage is a preschooler! He is attending Rainbow School on Stanford campus twice a week and his first day all by himself was today. Did he have any reservations, nervousness or fear? NO! In fact, this morning as we were getting ready for school he said, "Don't worry Mom, I won't get wost when I go to school!" He seriously thought I was just going to let him ride his scooter to school alone. And while all the other parents were getting tear-filled goodbyes, T yelled, "Bye Mom! See ya later!" as he ran to play with toys. I have no doubt that Talmage will thrive in this new creative environment and I'm so excited for him!
 
We went back-to-school shopping and T got to pick out a new backpack. As soon as he saw this one he said, "Awesome! It's a batman backpack! I want this one!" Funny thing, he's never seen batman, or talked about batman, or read a batman book, or anything. I still have no idea where he knows this from, but we got it for him nonetheless and he LOVES it!
 
Last week they allowed the parents to join the students at school for a "phase-in" day. T made it perfectly clear that I didn't have to stay and I could leave him alone at school (his independence is astounding sometimes), but I stayed and played anyway ;) I will admit to crying at the parent's meeting (such a sap!) but I didn't shed any tears during our drop-offs. How could I? He was SO happy.

Our sad, sad attempt at a picture with the Rainbow School sign. Oh T, how I am looking forward to seeing your beautiful smile in pictures when this cheese-face phase ends!

His school honestly couldn't be more awesome! They play and get messy and paint and read books and sing songs and have learning activities and T loved it! I loved sitting back and watching him learn. And I LOVE that he can make a mess, mess, mess at school and then we can practice our ABC's at home ;)

Last night we had our first back-to-school dinner for T-Man. I made his favorite pizza (and we even had a yummy nutella pizza for dessert!) While the pizza was a big hit...the crown was not. I thought he would love it, but he had it on for 3 seconds before taking it off. "I don't want to wear that crown!" he immediately let me know. Next year, I'm skipping the crown part of the evening.

 Dinosaur preschool crown!

Another picture from the drop-off this morning. He couldn't contain his excitement! When I picked him up at noon, his teacher told me that he did wonderfully and played so hard that she feared he was going to be dehydrated (and had him drink some water!) He told his brother stories of delicious snack time, bikes that rode like rollercoasters and measuring water that was dyed blue. He also told us how he doesn't play with girls (except Teacher Natalie)--just boys. And thus it begins!

Here's to a bright year of preschool my oldest son.
Congrats on being a big preschooler and I love you.

2 comments:

  1. That makes me really want to go to Preschool! I'm honestly a little jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, is it just me, or does he instantly look 10 years older once you put jeans and a back pack on him! What a wonderful post! I'm so excited for him, I know that he will LOVE being a big boy and going to school - you've prepared him well!

    ReplyDelete