Saturday, October 27, 2012

All on a rainy day

Many days last week were rainy ones in these parts. Add that to a whole lot of virus going around our house and we have been spending a lot of time inside. The rain mostly excites Talmage. Usually he is out of bed and in boots on our patio in lightning speed, with McQueen umbrella in hand of course ;) I'd love the rain a little more if my boys liked to cuddle and watch movies but alas, they don't. I try to keep busy though!

This rainy day happened to be laundry day. And this is what happens when Evie's blanket has to be cleaned. I wish I was kidding when I tell you that he sobbed during most of the wash and all of the dry cycle. It was insane! I disgustingly put off washing his blanket because I know this will happen--but the corners of the blanket were straight as a board so I knew it was time!

More pictures of the laundry madness! Poor kid really, really, really loves that blanket. What is it with my boys and blankets?

Luckily I was able to distract him (for a few minutes) with play dough. I could tell he thought he was a super big deal playing at the table with his brother and it was way too adorable. And I got to see his smile again, major plus!

I seriously LOVE that smile. It's so happy and bright and cute! I saw that smile until he realized that his blanket was still in the washing machine. Then the tears returned.

I kept telling Evie to watch what T was doing with the playdough so he could learn the right way to play with it (you know, instead of shoving it in his mouth by the fistful!)

And T was a good little teacher! He was working so hard on "his special work." We also colored on the doors with our window markers and did Halloween crafts. It was a great rainy day!

1 comment:

  1. Im sorry but those blanket pictures are hilarious! You made my day!

    ReplyDelete