Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween-y Things

Talmage painted a pumpkin that a friend from church grew in her garden. How cool is that? T made it look festive and wonderful!

 Holiday crafts. T cut the pumpkin and grass all by himself and I was so impressed. I love the little Evie foot-ghost and T and Evie spider-hands!

 We went to T's preschool for a Halloween party and Evie was specifically invited ;) He seriously ran the whole way there. T kept saying, "Mom, shouldn't we put da baby in da stroller?" But no, Evie ran!

 Pumpkin decorating at preschool with tissue paper, tape and markers.

 Everett was loving all the sand, play things and endless supply of fireman hats!

 After the party at school (and a quick meeting and even quicker nap), the boys and I went to meet James at the law school for trick-or-treating. It was so nice of the professors and staff to open their classrooms to the law school families. When I was telling T the schedule he said, "Why are we going trick-or-treating 3 times?" I told him it was because we were super lucky. His response, "No. We are going 3 times because I am 3 years old. I fought we were going 1 time cuz Evie is 1, but dat was wrong."

 I put on my mouse ears and a little ribbon to make myself a little more festive. Does Evie ever not look adorable in pictures? It's seriously crazy!

Evie was so tired from not having a nap that he fell asleep on the way home from the law school. He is SO, SO cute! 

 Our pumpkins and candy all ready for trick-or-treaters.

 The boys on their trick-or-treating marathon! You should see how much candy is in our house right now...it's crazy! As a side note...T was a flag pole for Halloween! He started telling me a month ago that that's what he wanted to be, and when it didn't change I got to work making it happen. When he saw the finished project he said, "Dat's exactwy what I wanted!" Melted my heart! The first time he wore it was to our church's trunk-or-treat. James asked him what everyone thought of his costume and he said, "Dey wuved it. Dey wuved it so bad!" I seriously laughed so dang hard!

 After trick-or-treating and switching into jammies, we brought the boys to "pumpkin mans" house to see the pumpkins his student's carved this year. ("Pumpkin man" is technically a professor of art at Stanford, but we're kind of a nick-namey family!) The pumpkins were just as amazing as last year and it was a great way to end a beautifully busy Halloween!

1 comment:

  1. What a perfectly awesome and BUSY Halloween day! That is exactly how Halloween should be! Nice job on creating such an awesome memory for them!

    ReplyDelete