Thursday, October 11, 2012

In its trail

The minutes and weeks are flying by like those military jets we saw shoot across the dusky sky last night. It was an awe-inspiring scene when the two sleek, gray planes broke the sound barrier in a display seemingly meant just for our little family. It was a precious moment, and within seconds it was gone with only the smallest trace of white ash in its trail. And so it is with my life lately; the most beautiful, cherished moments of my children's Stanford childhood are coming and going as quick as can be and this is my somewhat sad attempt at white ash.   
 
For family night we talked about putting on the full armor of God. I think Talmage was more mesmerized with the new play clothes than with my biblical lesson...but it was a good start! T is a very spiritual person and loves learning from the scriptures. I am so grateful for his Sunday nursery leaders because he comes home and tells me scripture stories about Jesus' ressurection, healing the blind man and the priesthood almost as if he memorized the lesson! He has been having nighmares lately and we taught him that he can say a prayer and Heavenly Father will give him peace. He tells me, "Jesus is always with me, isn't He Mom." So sweet. 

This most mellow of babies is turning into a typical toddler full of trouble! He loves climbing on almost anything, emptying cupboards and making messes. He also is a very scrappy little fellow and gives T a piece of his mind (or nails) when Talmage tries to boss him around--we're still working on hitting and scratching! But of course, they fight one second and they love each other the next--hugging, kissing and their new favorite, wrestling.

My delivery-boys helping Mom pass out fliers for a courtyard event. They are such good, super-cute helpers (but don't use the c-word near Talmage!)

James and I snuck out for a little date night. We drove around a ridiculously long time just trying to figure out what we wanted to do. We ended up at LuLu's for the most incredible shrimp fajita burrito I've ever had and a bottled root beer.

I've been looking for perfect frames for months. Searching thrift stores tirelessly. And last week when I saw these three sitting together at our local Goodwill I could have cried, or shouted for joy. I love them so much, especially together and filled with pictures of our fam.

I am SUPER loving everything braid right now. I wear some sort of braid most days. This one was for Jordan and Maddie's California reception.

Uncle Chase is well-loved by all of us and was missed at the reception. Ash and I both felt a little home-sicky for him but we are so proud of him and everything he is doing.

Round 2 of wedding festivities was beautiful. The California reception was delightful--the flowers were stunning, the music was great and the pumpkin cupcakes with salted caramel frosting...oh man! My mom did a great job planning the event, and Jordan and Maddie looked beautiful and so in love. We are so happy for them!

2 comments:

  1. I love that braid too! Do you seriously know how to do all of those fancy braids on your own hair? I need you to teach me. Oh someday we will all get together!!

    ReplyDelete