Friday, January 22, 2016

At 20 Weeks-ish

Lately I've been craving Taco Bell bean burritos with no onions and extra cheese. Well, at least I thought I was craving Taco Bell bean burritos with no onions and extra cheese, until I went to Taco Bell (twice--some of us learn the hard way) and had a bean burrito with no onions and extra cheese and realized by way of an upset stomach that no, in fact, I was not craving a Taco Bell bean burrito with no onions and extra cheese. But then what was I craving? Sometimes it's so hard to figure out! This week something exciting happened however. After A LOT of analysis I finally realized why my TB craving yet existed despite my baaadddd experiences of late with the actual item, blog-worthy, no? I'm craving mild Taco Bell sauce--and a homemade bean burrito with no onions and extra cheese to accompany said sauce. Luckily the nice man at the Drive-thru filled my bag all the way to the top with little sauce packets when I mentioned I was pregnant and craving them (and maybe he heard my boys fighting and my baby girl crying in the background and had pity). Regardless, I've got sauce for days and every lunch my picky, snooty, must-be-perfect cravings are fulfilled. Hallelujah!

In other news, I'm also craving Sausage McMuffins and prefer the real deal from McDonald's than any homemade mumbo jumbo any day. Sure, let's add the OJ and hash browns for good measure--heaven forbid I see a drive-thru before 11 am! Other cravings include a Shack burger from Shake Shack, a chicken sandwich from Chick Fil A and every once in a while an Asiago bagel with smear. I'm keeping it classy with my cravings this go-around for sure.

OK...I crave roasted veggies, warm meals and fresh fruit too so it's not all bad. And water--SO MUCH WATER! Honestly I'm a camel lately, only the hump is on my front and not on my back.

This wasn't meant to be a post about pregnancy cravings but there you have it, a post about pregnancy cravings! And since we're on the subject (of pregnancy, not cravings) things are going really well growing this last little Wiglet. Baby girl is moving around like a wild woman and I'm feeling her more and more which is my absolute favorite. James and the boys felt her move for the first time last week and the excitement level was through the roof. This little girl might be joining a circus but no doubt she's joining a circus full of her adorers. 
  
My bump progress is coming right along if I do say so myself. Honestly, I have a bigger bump at 20 weeks than I've ever, EVER dreamed of having before. Sure, no one around me knows I'm pregnant yet and someone at the gym even mentioned this last week that they had no idea how I got so fit after having baby Quinn (to which I responded, "Uh, thanks! But I'm 19 weeks pregnant with her little sister!) But I'm happy with my bump and the boys analyze every single day whether they think I'm finally getting bigger--which I am, so say the little scientists. It's so much fun to be pregnant with older kids around. Sometimes I think I want to be pregnant a million more times, and then comes 7 pm when I am DONE and I think nope, tubes tied for sure!

James was getting some pants tailored at Nordstrom so Ever Knight and I ran over to Claire's to get some bows for Quinny-girl and WHAT? their clearance rack had matching sister clippies that look PERFECT for 4th of July (the Wig's first holiday with baby sister). These little girlies better watch out because I see a lot of matching everything in their future. Eeeek! So exciting!

And let's round this thing off with a couple of pictures of the crazy lady that keeps me on my toes. Quinny is still such an independent, determined, playful and sassy little thing and every time I tell Ashleigh a story about her she says, "That girl was just not meant to be your baby!" She wants to be big and she wants to play with her brothers and heaven forbid I try to put a bow in her hair because lately she wants to wear a baseball hat and hold her basketball and baby and that's all there is to it! In many ways I feel like I'm raising my feisty little clone and holy Hannah has my respect level for my Mom gone through the roof. She makes life fast and fun and never, ever dull. Can't wait to see her little sister keep up!

1 comment:

  1. Your "bump"?!?!?! What bump? I get why the lady at the gym was so confused. You look amazing!

    ReplyDelete