Tuesday, January 5, 2016

It's a !!!!

One of the positive things about having high-risk pregnancies is getting to know as much information as I possibly can about the baby I'm carrying before I meet him or her. Some people love delivery-room surprises, but I'm simply not one of them! The feelings of becoming a parent for the first or second (or fourth) time is surprising enough for me, I want to know every detail about the baby so I can plan ahead/look forward to the future/both of the above. (I realize that even with all these tests there can still be surprises--hello Ever's birth--but I still like to do everything I can to appease my worriers heart.) 

Anyway, it's because of all those tests that at 13ish weeks I knew we were carrying (so far as we can tell, fetal echo pending) a healthy baby that was either a: 

 Since this will be our last Wiglet and the kids are a little older, we decided to do a little gender reveal party with a cake from a local bakery. Pink frosting meant girl, blue frosting meant boy. Talmage guessed it was going to be a girl, "because it only mathematically makes sense that another girl comes to our family!" Both boys decided that Quinn thought it was a girl because she clearly wanted a sister. Ever was originally on Team Brother, but when he realized he was alone "against" his siblings he jumped ship. Ever HATES competition and I guess he figured it was better to go down with the others than risk going down alone! Everyone was so excited and nervous to see what color we'd find!!!

 It's a GIRL!!! Quinny is getting a baby sister (doesn't she look thrilled, hahaha!!!)

We let the kids in on this little secret the week before Christmas and to be honest it's hard not to tear up every time I think about how blessed I am to be having two little girls so close together. Having sisters was always a dream of mine since I'm obsessed with my sister, and now it's coming true!!! Two little boys two years apart and then two little girls (less than) two years apart--excuse my giddiness but that's kind of perfect! I'm just feeling so darn lucky that all these little ones belong to me.

 ^^^Who won't be the only girl come June?!! ^^^

2 comments:

  1. THIS IS THE BEST NEWS EVER! TWO GIRLS IS PERFECT! I am so happy for you and your little family. You've got a great birth order going on! I hope you're feeling okay and would LOVE to live close to be able to bring you meals and take your adorable children, especially that little Quinn. I'd like to get to know her! I love stumbling on this blog everyone once and while. I miss you, my friend, and hope that one day our paths cross again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! So sweet. :) We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete