Friday, January 15, 2016

Our Week--Some Randoms I Don't Want to Forget

For some reason I care about the little things. The mere thought of forgetting a moment spent with my children--the adorable things they say, their eyes beaming as they associate with their siblings, the way they look at me with love and obedience (and yes, the occasional eye roll)--makes me feel so very sick and sad there are no words to truly express it. Because of this strong desire to remember I am a journaling maniac! I keep a personal journal almost daily, I blog and print out yearly books, I have baby books for each child that span until they are eight and I am religious about updating them, I make photo journals for each of my baby's first year and I keep a family Christmas journal. For some people I know this sounds like a chore but I honestly love to write my feelings, impressions, thoughts and moments down so they'll never be lost in my silly, forgetful brain. My Noni and Grammie are also writing machines and I just know that their love for words are in my DNA! So forgive me if some of my blog posts are more travelogue than others, but these little moments spent with my babies at home are something I always hope I remember about my days as a young mother.

T and Ever play so well together (90 percent of the time--a solid A!) and I love it. They are mega into Star Wars right now and that's basically all we talk about. They play with their characters or ships or read their books every second they are home. As we speak Quinn is napping and the sicky boys are huddled by the TV watching Episode 3 ("because I weawy want to see Java da Hut, mom. I wuv dat episode!") 

 Third child dress for our third child! This was right before she ran full sprint down the hall at the hospital when I was trying to give blood. If there's ever been a more active child I haven't met him/her!

 Before the boys went back to school they took turns cooking the family dinner. They did everything from planning the meal to cooking and serving it. T made french toast with buttermilk syrup and pomegranates and Ever made spaghetti with homemade marinara. Both of them did such a good job and it helped me realize that I need to include them more in the kitchen because they really loved it (added bonus that they ate way more when they made it). I'm so proud of these two!

 Ever really wanted to make a giant fort before going back to school as well so a giant fort we made!!!

 Me and Quinn, photo credit: Talmage. "I used to be such a great photographer but now all my pictures are blurry. Oh well, maybe I'll have to not be that when I grow up!"

 All of us take blurry pictures T, even your Mama! But this one is too fab not to post. Here's T at his first basketball game shooting a basket. I thought all my mother dreams came true when he started soccer, but nope--this is when it happened! How fun!!!

 Ms. Elle Woods ready to go to Harvard, I mean, Sunday School!

This baby is turning into such a cheeseburger! She had the boys absolutely rolling with these faces and I was right there with them! I love my little Quinny comedian.  

Ever pushed her around for a solid 20 minutes and how does she repay him? By pretending to drop his beloved Superman under her wagon wheel over and over as he cries! Serious pill status! But she's our baby and we all adore her and somehow she gets away with murder which I think has something to do with that endearing little face...

 And that smile helps too, I'm sure!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment