Sunday, February 21, 2016

A Super Quick Weekend with Mema and Pepa

Mema and Pepa are super-grandparents/parents/people and decided to drive a round trip total of 14 hours so they could spend a mere 28 hours with us here in Los Angeles. The main purpose of their trip was to see Talmage play in one of his basketball games, but we filled the remainder of their time to the brim with a park trip, Valentine's Day party, breakfast at The Griddle (bucket list item checked!), day trip to the beach and a little at-home play time. It's always the best when they're around and just the worst when they leave. My pregnancy emotions have been a little out of control lately and this weekend was particularly bad so bless them for not rolling their eyes a thousand times (at least not in front of me) over my fits and tears and stress. Either this little one is going to be overly emotional or maybe I'm using up all of her emotions now. Either way, lots of tissues over here lately.  




I've wanted to eat at The Griddle since we lived here the first time years ago and we finally made it happen when Mema and Pepa were visiting. Other than me being super indecisive about my order (and then changing it in tears a few minutes after the waiter left, thanks hormones) everything was perfect! We got there a few minutes before they opened and within seconds the whole entire place was full (if you ever go--get there early! I've heard there can be lines around the block!) I got the Nutella french toast and possibly have never eaten something so delicious in my life. Not if, but WHEN I go again I will for sure order this again. The portions are huge so we had lots of leftovers and were eating yummy pancakes for days.

The weather was a little fickle and by the time we made it to Zuma Beach in Malibu the sky was covered in clouds and the waves were massive. We stuck to running from the waves, flying kites and building sand castles. It was cool but it was still fun, especially watching my Dad play in the waves (and get soaked!)

Mema and Pepa with the basketball boy! This kid really likes basketball and it is SUPER fun watching him run up and down the court, dribble, pass and shoot. His league is super lax and so the kids have a lot of space to learn and fall in love with basketball which just warms my heart. So glad he's loving it and so glad my parents could come see him in action.

And then my tired, puffy, crying eyes said goodbye and got more tired, puffy and tear-filled as their magical van drove away. My Mom insisted on a picture with my pregnant belly before she left and even though I look hammered I love that I have this picture as a reminder that this baby, my other babies and I are loved so fiercely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment