Saturday, February 20, 2016

The Beach in FEBRUARY!!!

Everyone said that come February I'd be saying, "New York who?" but I must admit I doubted that the panging in my heart for that big city would ever go away. But guess what? Our warm January turned into an even warmer February and as I sat on the beach last week in nearly 90 degree heat I thought, "They were right! This is truly heaven!" My NYC friends have spent the last month or so bemoaning the freezing temps and I truly don't even miss that at all. Not a bit! Not the snow or the cold and especially not the parkas. Sunshine and warmth and a cool ocean breeze is my happy place and here I am, sitting in the middle of it. Counting my blessings lately for calling Cali home again. 




Here's to hoping that 2016 is full of many, many more beach days and that the warm sunset we experienced on a February Tuesday night is repeated again and again in Winter weeks to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment