Saturday, February 3, 2018

Life's a {walk on the} beach

Every Sunday afternoon we take a family walk/scooter ride around our neighborhood. It's something I've come to look forward to and cherish, especially since the kids refuse to stop growing up (rude!) and James becomes busier at work (i don't know how it's possible, but it is!) Some weeks, most weeks even, these sacred Sunday walks are the only time we are together as a family of six.

Last week I was feeling particularly sensitive about this time together and decided we should take our walk, and make a memory, down by the ocean instead of around town. We had a special early morning stake conference and Cora took an early afternoon nap so we got to Santa Monica mid-afternoon and had plenty of time to enjoy the view and each other. We stayed until the sun dipped below the horizon and experiencing that beautiful sunset with my family made me feel like our week, our year, our life was going to be OK. The ocean is my happy place and the wind, the palms, the warm orange sun and the crashing waves bring peace and rejuvenation to my body and spirit. I'm so grateful to live where we do and to experience a winter that only Los Angeles can provide.

I don't know if I can talk the rest of my people into making this a weekly thing, but I'm pretty persuasive, read:bossy, and I'm going to do my best. At the very least I am planning on getting James a scooter of his own asap (thanks Burnetts for letting us borrow one of yours) because you know what they say about a family that scoots together. Hmmm, me neither. But I'm pretty sure I can make an argument for "they stay together!"


  My scooter gang! On the left you can see the two-headed monster that is me and Cora!

 Sweet Coco enjoying the ride! She was pointing at the trees, waving to the passers-by and every time I asked her if she was having fun she'd enthusiastically say, "YEAH!"

 I wish, I wish, I was here again right now!



 That orangey-pink sunset hue is my very favorite color. 


 I adore these babies.

    
The boat park made the perfect spot for sunset watching and gummy worm eating.

#theperfectsunday

No comments:

Post a Comment