Thursday, March 8, 2018

Blue and Gold

I didn't know until this year that the Blue and Gold dinner was a birthday party for scouts...oh the things you learn from being a boy mom! We were each asked to bring a scout-themed birthday cake and Talmage really wanted to recreate his infamous Pinewood Derby car so off to the store we went to buy supplies to make a cake version of Fast Food One. It was my first experience with fondant and it wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be, but it probably helped that my expectations for how it would actually turn out were super low! The cake wasn't perfect, but T was beyond thrilled and grateful and the whole event was super fun.

This was taken when he was dropped off from scouts a few days before the Blue and Gold. He looked so cute and so old in his sideways hat that my heart just gushed. The picture may be blurry but I think it'll always be a favorite. I'm so grateful for a son like T.






No comments:

Post a Comment