Monday, March 5, 2018

Jog-a-thon

I interrupt our regularly scheduled blog post on the Jog-a-thon to bring you two pictures that have absolutely nothing to do with the Jog-a-thon but are of the yummiest and silliest and honestly most loved baby in the universe:



You make me smile every day Cora Sue, I just love the heck out of you! And honestly I have no clue how these pictures got added onto this page but they were too good not to share. She reminds me so much of E.T. sometimes, and I mean that in the very best way possible.

And now, the Jog-a-thon.

The boys ran their hearts out a few Saturday's ago for the school sponsored Jog-a-thon and even though I'm admittedly still a bit bitter that they changed it from a week-day event, it's still one of my favorite fundraisers of the year.

They run at the middle school track located just a few blocks from our house which also borders the Los Angeles temple grounds. I'm still so up in the air about our middle school decision but being on that campus and looking up at that beautiful building gave me all the good feelings. I don't know if it was heavenly help or just my insane side-lining but those boys were machines on the track, and while my pride was a give-in I was so glad that they were impressed by their own efforts. With so many runners in the family, these boys come at it naturally and it's such a treat to watch.
 
The pivot to get to Laura's outstretched hand just does me in. That, and the tongue out in concentration. I just love that little boy.

Quinny ran a few laps with friends, with her brothers and even on her own and that signature smile of hers never left her face.




A run with a view.

Free popcorn and t-shirts reeeeeaaaaaly sweetened the deal for these little ones.

This kid ran for most of Everett's 30 minute time slot and then all of his 45. Oh, if I could have but a sliver of his energy and endurance. 


This picture! This girl! Goodness she's a pill but I see this smile and think, wow I'm lucky to be her person!


Band of brothers right here. 

Momming with my crew.


I may not be a runner, but I'm an impressive donuter. Did you know that was a thing? Because it is. California donuts always win for the picture, but for the record I'd still take a Donut Star any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment