Monday, March 12, 2018

Our Coconut

My favorite thing about Coco right now is that when you ask her what her name is, she points to herself and says, "Cowa." Oh man, if you could hear her say it you wouldn't be able to contain the love in your heart. Runner up may be when you ask her how old she is and she holds up one finger and says, "two!" Already such an over achiever, but no baby girl, you gotta stay one for at least a minute longer.

She's talking so much these days that I almost forget she only knew like four words at her 18 month check up. She still grunts and points a whole lot but when I ask her to stop squealing and to use her words she usually can get a few out and tell me what she wants. It's so cute! Today in church she said, "Cowa snack?" so I gave her a little bag of goldfish. She reached in her bag and gave a fishie to Talmage and then one to Everett and when she saw me smiling at her she said, "Cowa nice!" Cowa is nice...when she wants to be! A few minutes later T asked her if he could have another goldfish and she said, "No! Mine! Is Cowa's!" That spicy little pillbox.

She still cheeses for the camera at every opportunity, still loves her bottle something fierce and still wants to be cradled and cuddled and held whenever possible. The binkie game is still going strong but I only let her keep it for a few minutes after nap time, otherwise it stays in the crib. She doesn't like to have a wet or poopy diaper and as soon as she's done her business she'll bring me the diaper and wipes, lay down in front of me and say, "Poopy!" It's hard to believe that by the end of the year she'll be out of diapers and I'll be raising four potty-trained kids! She's getting older and bigger by the second but she's awfully content to be my baby and I'm grateful to keep her that way!

When Quinn was this age I had a two month old Cora already. I CANNOT imagine having another baby right now. No wonder that first year was exhausting, I had two bitty babies.

 A sneaky shot of Coco "singing" the hymns at church today. It sounded a whole lot like screaming, but I didn't want to be rude and tell her so!

Supposedly she's only supposed to drink out of sippies at this age but I don't care and she doesn't either, so bottles up!

She's the best post-nap cuddler and she's got so many bonus mommy's.

Rainy day pick up of the boys. We're such fair weather fans, literally, I only love fair weather.

If she wants to play with Quinn that generally means she needs to be fixing or building or constructing something like Bob the Builder. Lucky for Quinn this little lady is a quick understudy.

No comments:

Post a Comment