Sunday, March 11, 2018

T's birthday interview--HE'S NINE!!!

Yesterday T had the funnest nerf war birthday party with a whole slew of friends and it was such a blast to see him surrounded by his people being a goofy, hilarious, energetic nearly nine year old (because he wasn't nine until today and I don't age my children a second earlier than I have to!) I can't wait to share all the pictures later this week, but right now on his actual birthday I wanted to publish the birthday interview I gave him tonight over dinner. We were eating his requested tomato soup and crusty bread and laughing at his answers from this year, and those of the past. Nine feels so old sometimes but his answers reminded me that he's still so young, so innocent and so full of big, beautiful ideas. I'm happy to keep him little for as long as I can but I love him big at every stage. I know that 9-year-old Talmage Scott is sure to be a dream come true! Happy birthday baby boy.




BIRTHDAY INTERVIEW:

What is your favorite...

Color: Yellow, yeah, yellow.
Food: That's a hard one, I'm going between tomato soup and pizza.
Game: Um, by game do you mean board game, card game or another kind of game? Whatever you want: Dragonwood and Pokemon.
Book: That's real hard. I don't know, something by Rick Riordan. Percy Jackson or Heroes of Olympus. Or Harry Potter.
Toy: Ooooo, toys. That is so hard since I've gotten all these new toys for my birthday. Maybe my nerf nitro or my new twin shock.
Treat: Oh man, oh man, oh man. Neopolitan ice cream. DAD's neopolitan ice cream.
Song: Hm, I think Run for Cover or something.
Thing to learn about: Math. I'm learning about, well I forgot. Something mathy.
Animal: That's way too obvious, peregrine falcon.
TV show: Percy Jackson. Or Harry Potter. Or Star Wars. Wait, take back Percy Jackson because I've only seen one of those.
Thing to wear: My Air Jordan clothes. That red shirt and black shorts, you know those ones Mom?
Holiday: Today, my birthday. Christmas. Or easter.

What do you want to be when you grow up? That, I don't know what to answer because I don't know yet. But I kind of want to be an Olympic sprinter or a car designer.

If someone was being mean to your brother, what would you do? First, give him an upper cut. Then kick him in the face. Then take him by the legs and slam him into the concrete. (Um, FYI, I don't approve of that violence!)

Who is your best friend? Lucas B.
What is something you want to learn to do this year? I don't know, I want to learn what curling actually is. Not like I want to play it, I just want to understand it. All I know is you have these little brushes.

What is something that you are really good at? Running. Aiming nerf guns. Um, what else? I'm really good at Dragonwood.
If you had a million dollars, what would you buy? I don't know. OK, no more I don't knows. I'd buy a whole store so I could earn tons and tons and tons of money and then I'd buy another store and have even more money and then I'D RULE THE WORLD!!! Ok, just kidding. I don't want to rule the world. I'd just buy a diamond mine.

If you were an animal, what would you be?  A peregrine falcon, that's another way too obvious question. I mean, a few questions back you asked me what your favorite animal was and who wouldn't want to be their favorite animal?
What do you want someone to invent? I want someone to invent a teleportation machine. Or a super power potion that would give you super powers. So I could FLY, because that's the kind of super hero I want to be. 

If you could have a magic power, what would it be? The ability to FLY!
How many kids do you want to have when you grow up and get married? Two. I think two is a reasonable answer.

What kind of house would you like to live in: an igloo, a tree house, a castle, a cave, or our house? Castles, not comfortable. Tree houses, probably going to get a lot of bug bites. Igloos, definitely too cold. Caves, way too dark and probably would never find my way out. Our house, perfect. OUR HOUSE!
Who is the prettiest girl in the whole world? Same answer for many years, it's always been Mom.

Where do you want to go on your mission? I guess here, because I know people. Utah, because it has snow. Or Canada because I can stay in a really nice hotel.
What's your favorite scripture story? There's a story that Mema once told me where the good guys tricked the bad guys into doing something. The Gadianton robbers are trying to rob the Nephites so they hold a council and say, "Hey, lets move all our stuff and trick them." Yeah, it's pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment