Thursday, June 14, 2018

Dinner under the Bougainvillea

James came home from work on Saturday night just as I was preparing to go pick-up Chick-Fil-A for our hungry babies, because energy I had not and I wasn't expecting to see his face for many hours to come. He suggested a backyard BBQ instead (because he's always looking for an opportunity to grill) and what came next was the most magical summer night spent eating burgers and chips under the blossoming bougainvillea. I recently procured some (Craigslist) Pottery Barn chairs to sit around our new outdoor Costco table and when I was making these purchases and planning the space it was exactly with simple memory-making nights like this one in mind. It couldn't have been better, sometimes I don't believe life could get any better--hardships and trials and exhaustion and uncertainty and all. All it takes is one evening under the bougainvillea with my kids telling silly stories and laughing and James smiling at me from across the table and all seems good in the world. Here's hoping for more Summer nights with my family just like this one.



No comments:

Post a Comment