Sunday, August 11, 2019

Grand Tetons

We visited nine states during our road trip and shockingly, the most gorgeous to me was Idaho. The drive from Island Park to Jackson Hole was just stunning, what with the Tetons backdropping lush, green farmland. It turns out the sky is bluer out in the sticks and the clouds look whiter in comparison. We were excited for our Wiggy week so maybe we were looking at life with rose-colored glasses, but looking back on these pictures I stand by it, this place was beautiful!

The drive only took a few hours and before we knew it we were at Jenny Lake taking a scenic boat trip over to a hiking trail. It was cloudy and cool and we ended up hiking further than we were expecting because everyone was doing so well and our surroundings were so beautiful. We saw Hidden Falls before heading onto Inspiration Point and then back down for a dip in the lake. We played around in Jackson Hole that evening, and most importantly for the kids--swam in the hotel pool--and then the next morning did a little more adventuring in the Tetons before our long drive to Dinosaur.   


Saw this place along the road and I just had to stop and get some pictures. You honestly can't imagine my glee over seeing that giant potato on a truck! It was beyond massive, as was the movie screen, and it made me laugh out loud. 

We were not in a rush, so when T spotted this car show in a little park in Idaho we stopped and took a look! There were no Lamborghini's, but the vintage makes were pretty awesome!






I'm always so grateful when someone randomly asks if we want our picture taken. Umm...yes! Absolutely! Are you kidding me? Thank you!


Just me and my little backpack buddy!






This is WAY higher than this picture looks and that is a cliff on the other side of those rocks. If it looks like I'm holding on pretty tightly to Quinn than you know why, haha!



Everett is afraid of heights but was so brave throughout the many scary hikes we went on. He always stuck close to the mountain and kept at least one hand, sometimes two, touching the rock. I am so proud of him!

Daddy and Quinny with those Grand Tetons showing off behind them.





It started to clear up on our way back, of course! This was the charming little boat we took across the water and from what I understand, a Mama bear and her cub were playing on this dock about an hour before we showed up. We were kind of hoping to see them on our hike, but also kind of glad we didn't--you know?!








Jackson Hole was fine, but to be honest it felt a little less charming and a lot more commercial than we had imagined. Luckily our hotel was wonderful and the location was great, but I don't know if coming back is a must-do for us Wigs. 





Post-church adventuring at the Tetons. We were planning on heading straight to Eastern Utah after church, but we couldn't help but go back and see what other beautiful sights this National Park wanted to give us! She didn't disappoint.







News flash for those who don't know: cell phone reception is non-existent from Wyoming allllllll the way to Utah. Like, literally, not a second of service. It was so bad that we had to stop at a gas station (basically the only one we saw, so I guess we were lucky) to get directions because we were relying on our phones to get us to Dinosaur and we were lost without them. Literally. I really enjoyed all my time in the country and I just can't adequately portray how gorgeous it all was but this no cell service thing was just not OK to me. Still a city girl at heart, I guess!

1 comment:

  1. Just went on the best adventure ever with the loveliest family. Always wanted to visit the Tetons and anything to do with anthropological stuff knocks my socks off. Love the pic with the one shoe girl, but loved every one. Thank you for taking me with you on your trip. You have no idea how much I needed that. love, love.

    ReplyDelete