Saturday, August 31, 2019

Run-rise

"The sunrise, of course, doesn't care if we watch it or not. It will keep on being beautiful, even if no one bothers to look at it." 
--Gene Amole




I still can't stomach calling myself a morning person, but I've consistently woken in darkness for nearly nine months now and each time I see LA's vibrant sunrise I feel empowered, peaceful and deeply grateful. I dream of the oranges, pinks and purple, I crave the sweat, I whine when the alarm buzzes only to reach an endorphin high while running down Beverly Glen. This world, our town, my life, they all can seem as dark as my first few strides in the morning, but the ever-steady sun slowly rising and painting the sky with brilliance gives me hope. And those are feelings that make converting to morningism seem like a pretty smart choice.  

No comments:

Post a Comment