Friday, August 20, 2021

Cora is growing up!!!

This summer has been one of transformation for my baby girl Coco. 

First she learned how to swim--not just floating on her back like last year but jumping off the diving board, frog-kicking underwater and coming up for air type of swimming. My last baby is out of floaties and that is a milestone that absolutely makes me elated! 

Then, she lost her first tooth. I know it's weird but I'm a tooth person and when kids start losing their teeth I'm just over the moon about it. Missing teeth smiles are just the cutest and their excitement for the tooth fairy is the frosting on the cake. But this came at me too fast! How is my newborn old enough to loose teeth? And why are you looking at me weird when I call her my newborn?! One day she told me her front tooth was wiggly and the next day it was sitting in my palm. She was thrilled, I hid my tears! I guess it's just that I remember like yesterday the day that Talmage lost his first tooth. We lived on the Upper West Side of Manhattan in a tiny apartment and we danced and belly laughed for hours (and called everyone we knew) because T LOST A TOOTH!!! I promise you that just happened. And now my T has lost all his teeth and is in braces and my baby has started loosing teeth. Sheesh. 

As if that wasn't enough, determined little Cora decided she wanted to tie her own shoes. James sat with her for an hour teaching her the technique and then Cora sat for an additional THREE hours until all of a sudden, she was tying her own shoes!!! There was a lot of self-talk and encouragement and if anyone ever needed a poster child for Growth Mindset thinking, I mean--here's Cora!!! She is not afraid of working hard and not afraid to fail along the way which is such a beautiful example for me. 

Anyway, she's in kindergarten now which is another grown-up post for another day (BECAUSE HOW IS MY NEWBORN IN KINDERGARTEN?) but this is just a little one to say my baby's getting bigger whether I like it or not. And even though I'll always pine for her to be my little pocket pal forever, I do like it! Because Cora is amazing and watching her grow and learn is such a joy. 

First pic sans tooth

One losing teeth, the other straightening them

Daddy teaching his baby to tie her shoes


Can you even handle this? I for sure can't!

Scootering around town

French fries and ice cream, my favorite combination

The happiest arm filled with self-made bracelets! Love this baby girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment