Juni got fixed! I really wanted to experience one round of puppies but the more I thought about it (especially puppy periods) the more I decided it probably wasn't for us! The procedure went well and even though she's a spaz and even on full sedatives broke two cones completely in half it all went well and we are free from pregnancy fears. We love our Juniper Love with all our human hearts and we are excited to play with her again soon.
To be honest, she's totally stoned in this picture! Like, couldn't even walk to her bed she was so out of it. I had to pick up her 60 pound body and carry her to this living room pillow because she couldn't get here on her own. Poor sleepy surgery girl!
Anyone who ever doubts my love for our family can consult the picture above, haha! Juniper threw up her pain medicine and we couldn't give her more yet so she was up crying and moaning through the first night home. I spent a little over an hour in her kennel with her because she couldn't sleep unless my hand was on her. Finally we brought her into bed with me and she slept for the rest of the night as long as she was directly on top of me! I was her comfort blanket and I truly felt honored to help her, but also it was a pretty horrible night sleep!
That shaved tummy!
Well, we thought it was a record until she turned her replacement cone into this mess just a few days later!
No comments:
Post a Comment