Friday, August 13, 2021

Covid

We think T may have been the first, but his vaccinated version was really nothing more than a 24-hour sniffle and it never even occurred to me that it could have been Covid. But Ev caught it next, and was the first to be confirmed, and I'm not going to lie--it was bad. Fever, sore throat, tummy trouble, body aches, headache and exhaustion the likes of which I've never seen (we were carrying him to and from the bathroom because he didn't have energy to walk there himself, and he didn't have the energy to feed himself--yikes). Quinn fell sick just a few days later and her case was short, only 48 hours, but ridiculously intense. And then I got sick, fully-dang-vaccinated me, and I'd hate to think about not having some antibodies because boy was it horrible. James was vaccinated and never got any symptoms, and Cora also never got symptoms but she tested positive the same day I did. BLAHHHH! In the end, our whole family fully quarantined for 15 days so that there was no chance of us spreading any bugs to anyone else. Unfortunately, it was too late for our closest family members--the Tat's, the McKee's and even my parents all caught it. We had to cancel visitors at our place, and a McKee family reunion, and we also lost the last two weeks of summer. While I'm grateful it didn't happen during school, the timing was such a bummer. We have been so diligent during this 18-month pandemic and I thought we were going to come out on the other side without it ever having passed through our home. I was wrong. I hate Covid means just a little bit more these days...especially since 21 days out I still can't smell or taste and I'm having to take daily naps to keep up on life! 




No comments:

Post a Comment