Monday, January 11, 2010

Bandits and Birthdays

BANDIT
Talmage stood up all by himself and I wanted to get a picture.
He drew his guns.
This has now topped the list of my all time favorite baby pictures.
I couldn't have staged it better myself.
(10 months old today. 25 pounds. 32 1/2 inches tall.)


BIRTHDAY BOY
Meet Elder Stewart.
We had planned to have the sisters for dinner last night.
Then, Elder Stewart announced in his newbie testimony that it was his birthday.
I thought of his mom (in California) and knew that she would not be OK with her son having no dinner appointment on his 20th birthday. So I invited the elders over too.
Luckily I had planned a BIG dinner, so that was no problem.
But, I knew Elder Stewart needed a cake...but we had NO cake mix.
SO, I whipped these up:
Please meet the first homemade cupcakes I've ever made.
Boy, did they turn out delicious.
I made four different kinds (banana, banana pecan, strawberry and chocolate).
And they were with self-raising flour, which I didn't even know existed four months ago.
Go on, call me Martha, just do it!

13 comments:

  1. O.K. Martha, those are gorgeous! And that kid with the 6 shooters ain't too bad lookin' either!
    Good work on both those projects! :)
    love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture is PERFECT! Great shot! And those cupcakes... those also look perfect. I am sure there is one very grateful mom in California singing your praises! Nice work MARTHA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Heath,
    Its been a while - I love all of the updates. Love them! Anyways hope your holidays were wonderful. So glad you are getting to feed the missionaries. I am sure they love you! Talmage's Pic is so darling. Is he crawling yet? Something that helped Linc was a folded towel under his tummy to hold him up. It might be worth a try. Hope you guys are well.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at you all domesticated! You guys are so cool to invite the missionaries over! Sister Fultz told me she saw your blog post about her son and transfers and she said she cried, and cried (happy tears, I' sure). She said she loved it! Thanks for being such a cool, awesome person. being your friend makes me look good :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and P.S.... your son is adorable! I'm pretty sure that is the cutest baby pic ever! He definitely has your personality!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Martha, Martha, Martha!! Very brave of you to attempt baking without any kind of beater...we'll have to start up our lessons again ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 10th month birthday Talmage! What a little cutie! You're mama still has to publish that "starving student's cookbook - she's an ace!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sister MCKEE! I've been stalking you forever and now I've found you! Okay, maybe not stalking but I forgot you were moving to England so I kept texting you and you never responded....obviously. I'm so happy I found you again! Your little munchkin is ADORABLE! My blog is private so let me know what your email address is and I'll invite you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh Britt! I'm so glad you found me. I kept searching for your blog...but obviously was not successful. You win the cake! Please please please send me an invite so I can see what you are doing with your life. Can't wait! My email addy is wigginton dot heather at gmail dot com! Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. k, post something when you first log on so that I know it worked, k?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heather - that picture of Talmage is amazing! I find it amazing that you had your camera on hand and managed to capture a perfectly clear picture of him with two guns pointed. Good work! And, I'm never listening to you when you claim not to be able to cook or make. Nice work making that sweet Elders day.

    ReplyDelete