Tuesday, January 26, 2010

While I Was Sleeping...

I have been sick...again.
This time with strep throat. Oh yeah, and swine flu.
It came on SO super suddenly.
I woke up Sunday morning with a sore throat, and by the time I came home from church I was beyond wasted.
I had promised Elder A. borsch for dinner, and luckily I made it on Saturday.
When the elders arrived I was getting the chills and decided to get a sweatshirt from upstairs. Then I felt faint. Then I laid down. Then I remember waking up two hours later totally oblivious to the fact that I had slept through our whole dinner appointment.
Oops!

Apparently Elder A. LOVED the borsch and said it was very authentic (I love the internet!)
Unfortunately it only got worse for me.
Fever, chills, aches, exhaustion, etc.
Nothing a little Tamiflu and Antiobiotics can't handle!

BUT...

The real reason I wanted to post today was because of these two.

Mostly the big one!

I definitely married the right man...I am the lucky one in this relationship. For the last three days he has taken such good care of me, and Talmage. He's kept up on my meds. He has gotten up with T in the middle of the night (teething issues) and with me in the middle of the night(flu issues). He's done all the laundry on schedule (every Monday is my laundry day). He's cleaned the house. He's vaccuumed. He's done upteen loads of dishes. He's played with, fed, changed, and bathed Talmage...and kept him super entertained. He has fed us delicious, well-balanced meals and snacks (see below for the yummy example!)

AND...he has done all of it with a smile on his face (a really big one!)

AND...he hasn't complained once about work he needs to/should be doing.

AND...through all of this, he actually complimented me on how hard I work. "Being a stay at home Mom is a hard and very busy job. Thanks for doing it Heath."

Yep, it's official, I'm in love. Serious love.

He made me these blueberry cheesecake cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. And they tasted every bit as good as they looked!


Just a few pics I got of the boys while I was resting on the couch.
And below is a video of Jim playing with Talmage. He was pretending to be asleep and Talmage was trying to figure it out. Sorry the lighting and video quality is bad...thought you'd still appreciate it.

OK, so one more time. Thank you Jim and I love you!

3 comments:

  1. Love those amazing husbands! Nice work Jim! being a sick mommy is no fun but what a blessing to have a willing, happy, and able husband to pick up the slack. Hope you feel better really soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is exactly how marriage is supposed to be, giving, giving, giving to one another, with only the hopes of making the other one happy. Good job Jim, and good job Heather - you compliment each other so very well. Love you and am praying for your quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather - I am so sorry! I can't believe that you got sick again. It's not fair. I stayed home from work as well today. What would we do without selfless, hard working, sweet husbands? I'm so glad that Jim was able to take a few days off and help you. I will pray that you feel better soon and that those meds do their job! Can I help with Talmage? I am free on Friday. I can come and take him to the park so you can rest.

    ReplyDelete