Sunday, January 31, 2010

Bon Appetit

That is one super-happy, super-full, enjoying-every-single-bite-of-mom's-delicious-dinner (but what edible thing does he not love?) little butterball.
I LOVE that he eats so well (boosts my self-esteem).
I LOVE that he enjoys feeding himself.
I LOVE that he's learned how to take off his bib so he ends up filthy regardless of our pre-emptive measures (OK, so maybe I don't LOVE this...but it does amuse me!)
I LOVE that kid.

And what was he munching on?
The incredible dinner I whipped up tonight.
I made it. All of it. With limited recipes.
And I'm proud. I'm gaining cooking confidence. And I'm proud.
Lemon dill salmon.
Crash hot potatoes.
Cheesy cauliflower.
Cream cheese and ham in puff pastry.
DELISH.


A special thanks to Vanessa for giving us the salmon her family wasn't using.
And Rebekah for giving us some potatoes.
And our landlady Jane for giving us the cauliflower (her gift only slightly eased my jealousy. She is currently on vaca in the Canary Islands.)
And my hubby for taking that picture above. He told me I'd love it. I said I think I liked mine better. I ended up using his!
Anyway...eating that awesome (and confidence-boosting) dinner tonight was just another reminder of how blessed we are!

2 comments:

  1. YUM YUM YUM!!! I just showed Logan and I am pretty sure he is moving to England to have your cooking...I guess soup for a week just doesn't cut it for him :) I'll just have to try harder!!!

    GOOD JOB!!!

    I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Very, very gourmet! You're going to have to teach me your domestic goddess ways.

    ReplyDelete