Monday, February 1, 2010

Dance through the Decades

On Saturday night our ward hosted an AWESOME event: Dance through the Decades. I LOVE to dance, and I definitely don't get enough opportunities to shake what my momma gave me, so I was stoked. PLUS, we got to play dress-up, nothing better!

We decided to dress 40's. Our friends Mitch and Niall had these clothes in their closet (they have incredible vintage fashion taste) and we put on make-up and did our hair to fit the era. I thought the picture above (which is kind of fuzzy and dark) looked straight out of an old movie.

Here are some of our fellow party-goers. Doesn't everyone look awesome! You have to click on this picture and look at Talmage's face up close. I guess he wasn't as excited as we were about the music, dancing and costumes.

And here's our 40's family with Rob's fabulous camera. Of course we had been dancing so please excuse my sweaty make-up face and T's pink cheeks! We learned how to do a whole new rendition of the Hokey Pokey (you should have seen all the American's faces when the whole circle rushed the middle) and a new song called The Music Man (or something like that!) It was SUCH a blast and I hope we can do it again soon, very soon!

4 comments:

  1. How freakin fun!!! Seriously you look awesome. Poor Talmage I can just imagine the horror of walking into a whole new Decade....SCARY!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hair Heath! Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys look great! BTW... thanks for the sweet words. They mean a lot to me. Oh, and I always check out your blog too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I am so totally and completely jealous that your ward had something like that. Oh how I miss dancing like I'm 18 again :) this post reminded me of all the dance parties we used to have in Laf 17- well, dance parties with just us roomies anyways! Good times, good times! PS. You totally can pull of the 40s look- smokin hot Heath!

    ReplyDelete