Saturday, February 13, 2010

Our First Date

Jim and I went on our first date last night. Our first date in Cambridge, that is. And really, only one of a handfull of dates since Talmage was born. You see, Talmage has not been the easiest of babies (understatement!), and we didn't have the best of luck when we tried leaving him before (except the time my Mom watched him for our Father's Day date...why don't we live next door to family again?) BUT...that being said, he has gotten much better and we finally decided that it was time for our first Cambridge date...a Valentine's date!
A friend from the ward (who Talmage adores) watched him for us. I knew he was in good hands, but I still cried as I shut the door to leave. My heart ached. Pathetic, huh? I have become quite attached to that little guy--we are NEVER apart. I was a little worried about how he'd act, but he was an angel for her. They played, there were no tears and at 7 pm she put him to bed without a peep. WOW! When Jim heard the news, he started planning date #2!
Jim and I had a phenomenal time. We walked and held hands. We twirled in the center of Cambridge. We laughed and talked and hung out--just the two of us! We saw a play in a small, amateur theatre. (Just in case you were wondering, we saw Macbeth. Definitely not the most romantic Valentine's Day performance...but it was really good!) We ate dinner and we just enjoyed each other's company. We came home feeling so refreshed, relaxed and in love! It was a great first date and a wonderful start to a Valentine's day weekend.

3 comments:

  1. so fun!!!!!! I can only imagine what life is like when a little one comes, glad you got to enjoy your hubby for a while all by yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUN FUN FUN!! I am so glad that you had such a great date, I only wish that I was the lucky one who got to watch Talmage!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wahoo! I am so glad that you guys got a night to yourselves and I am so glad that you felt refreshed. You two are so great!

    ReplyDelete