Thursday, June 10, 2010

Ear Infection and MOTYA

Talmage has an ear infection and I won the Mother of the Year Award. Let me tell ya all about it.

This was Talmage on Sunday. He cried and screamed and drooled the whole day through. He was feisty and angry. He didn't want to eat and he wouldn't sleep. He was inconsolable. Period.

You see that finger in his mouth? What does that mean to you? Let me tell you what it meant to me--T was teething, again. Sure enough, I checked his mouth and some big, gnarly molars were poking through his gums. We had done this before. We hugged him tight, but it was pretty much business as usual around the Wiggy Casa.


T screamed and arched his back through Daddy's International Studies garden party. Still, I assumed it was due to teething. "You're OK," I repeated to Talmage again and again.

He also ran around like a maniac through Mommy's Relief Society evening. I blamed it on exhaustion, due mostly to teething. Of course. "You're fine," I said over and over.

Let's just get right down to the nitty gritty. After four days of misery, T developed an awful fever today. I made an appointment with the doctor, and took my hot little baby into her office. She was shocked as she looked into his ear and saw that it was horribly infected and the ear drum was bulging. She is afraid it will burst at any moment and started him on antibiotics. Yep, that's when we learned it. T has an ear infection and I won the Mother of the Year Award. Good game Heath, good game. We brought him home and basically let him eat what he wanted, do what he wanted and climb on the couch/windowsill as many times as he wanted. It's the least we could do considering we forced him to attend all of our functions all week, with an ear infection no less.

Poor thing is sleeping like an angel upstairs, and I'm once again feeling like a negligent parent downstairs. Asi es la vida. The sicky pictures are way too sad, so I thought I'd share a few cute pics of T in happier days.

We had a BBQ with a family in the ward and these little cuties enjoyed the pool the whole time. Mr. Independent (I have no idea where he gets that trait!) wouldn't let anyone hold his hands, so the girls were constantly on the lookout. He thought he could swim a few times, but overall he just splashed about.


What a cute little fishy in the pool! He had so much fun and it made me so excited for a summer full of swimming.

3 comments:

  1. Heather, we have all been there! Don't feel bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you inserted those happy little pictures at the end, those little sad eyes really had me feeling for the little monkey! I've won that amazing award time and time again! Oh well, what ya gonna do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're an awesome mother, Heather! Seriously, you amaze me...so don't feel bad :) I also got that award once for not getting Crew one morning when he got up "too early" for me. I came in about an hour later and he was laying in his own throw up-that's why he had been crying :( so sad, but oh well.
    ps, I'm in love with that last picture, his face is totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete